Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Our week so far...

We have actually had a pretty good week. It is time for Fall Break here, so Mykenzie is home from school all week. On Sunday we went to Candy and Martel's to help them unpack some stuff in their new house. The girls got to play with their girls so that makes them all very happy.
On Monday we headed out to the zoo with Chandra and Ryan and Jenna's girls, the kids were all very well behaved and had a really good time, and they were very excited that they got to ride the merry go round! Afterwards we took them all out for ice cream. Kaylee managed to turn herself into an ice cream cone. She was such a mess, but she definitely enjoyed her ice cream!! After that it was home to change Kaylee and throw Kenzie in the shower and then I took her to get her hair cut. I told her to cut it chin length, well it is a bit shorter than that, it doesn't look bad, just not what I wanted. She is happy with it though.
Tuesday we had an early appointment for the girls to get their pictures at Portrait Innovations. We got there with some time to spare, which surprised me. We started at 9am and didn't walk out of there until almost 11. Kaylee wasn't very cooperative, but I was just really happy that she didn't scream everytime they talked to her as she typically does with strangers. I bought WAY to many pictures so watch out I will be sending them out. I ended up with 3 poses of them together and then 3 of each of them separate. Which is about 4 poses more than I planned on getting, it is just too hard to decide sometimes. They turned out pretty good. Afterwards we met Chandra, Ryan and Jenna's girls at McDonalds and we ate lunch and let the kids play for a while. We went over to the mall to check out the costume prices at the Disney store (way cheaper online btw) and we walked around for a little bit and headed home. Now I have to cut and sort all the pictures to see who gets what! On the way home I got a call from one very happy Jenna telling me that her bone marrow test results were back and it was CLEAR! That is such wonderful news, and definitely got a little car dancing from Mykenzie, Kaylee and I!
Today was Chandra's birthday so I went to Kroger and picked up a cake for her from our playgroup. We had a playdate at Heathers and sang happy birthday. The kids were thrilled they were getting cake! We stayed there and enjoyed our friends company for a few hours and then headed home where Chandra, Ryan and Jenna's girls joined us. They ran around and played for a bit and hopefully got themselves so worn out that we will all get a break when they fall asleep early tonight! Now my girls are watching Curious George (they love it) and I am messing around online with email and such. So it has been a busy and fun filled week so far. We are going to a movie tomorrow and Friday is still a question but I am sure we will do something fun. I get to have some mommy time at Bunco Friday night and then on Saturday Mykenzie and I are off to Girl Scout Camp. Wish Travis luck, it will be the longest he has ever had Kaylee by himself, lets just say she is a mommy's girl and temper tantrum thrower! I hope she is good for him and he hasn't lost his mind by the time I get home! Hope everyone else is having a good week too :)
Oh and by the way Grey's Anatomy was sooo good on Thursday, so much better than the premier which was good too but this, oh so much better! I can't wait for this week! You can watch it free on abc.com if you missed it :)

2 comments:

ashkaitnjakesmom said...

Thank you so much for being such an awesome friend and taking care of my girls!!! They've had a great time this week!! Can't wait to get out and HANG!! :) WOO HOOOOO

Amber said...

ITA about Grey's! Much much better last week & I'm super excited about seeing it tonight. I need to just call you so we can discuss it LOL.

Is that the same place you got their pictures made before where they turned out so cute?

(Btw I hate this stupid word verification thing...I just stared at the last combo of letters trying to decided if one was an "a" or a "q". I guessed A. It was a Q...aaaaaghhh LOL)