Friday, October 20, 2006

Attitude

What is it with my 6 year old having such a bitchy attitude. I realize who she gets it from, but my mom is bitchy and I am not so sure that I had the attitude at 6!!!!!!! She is driving me insane with her back talk. I told her to get her coat on today as we were leaving the house and she said "I told you" I was like "what" she said, "I was talking to dad, I told him that I would have to wear a coat, that's what" with a totally bitchy, who do you think you are asking me what attitude. That is just one example, I am sure there are worse ones. Between the attitude from her and the tantrums from Kaylee, it may be the death of me! Geeze! They look all cute and sweet and innocent don't they! LOL Most of the time they are great and really are sweet, they play nice together a lot of the time, but when they are bad they are horrible!
Last night I was trying to get Mykenzie to do her take home reader and she is reading it, needed help with some words like "night" and really having to work at sounding stuff out but was reading words like, summer and camping. She gets to the word "also" and oh my goodness. It was like she completely forgot how to recognize letters!!! She started acting all whiny and rolling around on the couch telling me she couldn't do it and she didn't know what the sounds were. Then she proceeded to do it with almost every word from then on! We finally got through it (took about an hour to read a TINY book) and this morning I had her read it again in the car, and she did the WHOLE book with no problem. She sounded out the words she didn't recognize and that was that. GEEZE, why can't she just do that to begin with? I can't stand when she acts like she can't do something and just gives up. She is smarter than that. I think that gets me more than anything else that she does wrong. I suppose I just want her to always do her best and she doesn't particularly care. I made sure to go on and on about how great she did this morning and how proud I was so hopefully she will do better on her book for tonight!

2 comments:

Mary said...

I am right there with ya on the back talking. Does it just continue to get worse as they get older? Is six the beginning of what teenage years will be?

Amber said...

I hear ya! Caleb is Mr. Attitude these days & I hate it.