Monday, October 16, 2006

What have we been up to you ask?

Not a whole heck of a lot. I went and worked at the school for an hour this morning. Basically it is one on one work, taking kids into the hall and doing extra work to help with reading. Then I was supposed to go back after school with both kids for the parent teacher conference but since I was there she went ahead and did it with me. Mykenzie is doing really well. She got an E in Math and the rest are S's. This is on a scale of S is satisfactory (right where they should be), G for good (slightly above) and E for excellent. She is now in the D level for reading, she ended Kindergarten at the end of the A level and now she is in D. They are supposed to be in I by the end of 1st grade. We shall see, though she is getting better.

We bought a garage door opener yesterday. We had one but it was struck by lightning. Our estimate to get it fixed (over the phone without them looking at it) was $175 so we opted to just buy a new one. We cleaned the garage all out on Saturday and made it somehow so that both of us can park in there and still have all of our crap. I am still scratching my head trying to figure out how we did that but it is done, they both fit. So because we only had one remote, that played into the decision to buy a new one too. They were supposed to be here by now to install it though and guess what, they aren't . I was shocked that they called and planned to do it today to begin with. Hopefully they get here and it doesn't take long cause I have to pick Mykenzie up in 2 hours. Hmm, that will be interesting.

This week is going to be busy, but not with anything fun. That just seems wrong. Tomorrow I have to get my oil changed and my diagnostic run (I tried on Friday but they only take appointments!!!) And on Wednesday I have to go to the dealership to get my recall taken care of. I will be in need of a playdate after two days of car crap! Let's just HOPE that the diagnostic doesn't come up with anything major. Travis said if we have to dump any more money into it, I have to keep it till it is paid off (2 years) if not I can trade it in for my van in the spring!! That would make me VERY happy, though I must say I am starting to feel pretty old now that the van is within my reach. I don't want to be old, but alas that is who I am, an old lady with 2 kids, who's life is to be at their beck and call, it will only get worse hauling friends and such as they get older so I will jump on board now. My main reason for wanting it is so when we have people visit we can drive in one car. I HATE having to take separate cars. Plus it will be nice for road trips :) When I went to my mom's house she had a table for me, that I really want and I couldn't fit it in my car. Who knows when I will get it cause it is way to heavy to mail. I guess I will hold my breath for when she comes to visit me. Wait if I do that I will be dead. LOL Hope everyone else has a more exciting week than I will!

No comments: