Sunday, October 29, 2006
Wreck
Yep, I got in a car wreck Friday. Guess who's fault it was, oh yeah, it was mine. Good Lord. These poor people sitting at a red light and I don't know, I guess I am in a Jeep so I think I can just run over things so I thought, what the heck, lets try a mini van!!! No seriously though, I am not really sure what happened as I can't really remember anything but the van getting really close I panic and BAM! So I assume I thought the light changed started to go, realize my mistake but rather than hitting the break I accidently hit the gas. I plow into her, she hits the guy in front of her, lovely. I get out ask if she is alright, go call Travis to have him get Kenzie since I was headed to the school to pick her up. I go back and talk to her again, are you sure your alright kinda stuff, and I realize that she has 2 little kids in her car too. So now I felt WORSE. They were just sitting there unaffected by it all though. So a firetruck pulls up, they make sure everyone is ok and get us out of the middle of the road. The woman I hit said her head and neck hurt a little and they told her that it would be best if she got looked at so she agreed and here came another fire truck shortly followed by an ambulance. She later told me when we were standing there talking "geeze, all I said was my head hurt a little, I really didn't need another fire truck and ambulance" My neck was also a little sore and my head killing me, but my head hurt before I left, I had just taken Aleeve for it. I didn't have them check me out though. So then the cop show up I tell him it was my fault and that I thought the light changed and he needed the usual DL, Ins, and registration. So I get my DL and ins and search my car only to find last years registration. I have NO clue where the current one is. So the guy that the van hit gave a statement and drove off without getting my info, so we shall see. There was no visible damage at all to his car. So the lady I hit left and then the cop came to talk to me, asked if I found it, I said no. So he said to make sure I get a new registration cause I could be ticketed on it but he said he wasn't going to. Then he gave me a case # and told me to be on my way. He was so nice. He could have ticketed me for the reg. and for the fact that I still have my SC Drivers license. He didn't even write me up for the accident. Thank the Lord. So, her car has damage, not a ton but enough that I am sure she will be filing a claim with my insurance co. My car the hood got knocked out of place and you can see on the bumper where it bent, neither of which seem to be a huge deal. We are still gonna have it looked at but if there is nothing wrong internally we will probably just skip getting it fixed and paying our $500 deductible (which I was supposed to lower to $250 last week, and forgot) Luckily we have no out of pocket expense to fix her car so that is a relief, but most importantly no one got hurt. I already have horrible guilt about it I can't imagine how I would live with my self if someone would have gotten hurt.
No comments:
Post a Comment