One year ago today. Yep. That was the last time I saw Jenna alive. She was at my house for Mykenzie's birthday party. Apparently she thought I would forget that fact...
I think I have done a pretty good job at grieving and moving on. Not forgetting about her by any means but remembering the fun times rather than the fact she is no longer here. When I was having tough days I felt like she sent me a song to remember her or to make me feel like she was okay. Well today she sent me a song that reminded me of her after she passed away over and over and over again. I was in the car for a total of about 15-20 minutes during different parts of the day and 4 times I heard the same song. It is not a new song and I haven't heard it in months. But today I heard it 4 times. Jenna, I have not forgotten what today represents. I miss you, thanks for the reminder but know I will never forget.
I keep you locked in my head until we meet again (until we meet again meet again)
I won’t forget you my friend what happened?
If someone said three years from now you’d be long gone
I’d stand up and punch them out cos they’re all wrong
And that last day I’ll cherish until we meet again
Sometimes babe it’s harder I wish I could remember
But I keep your memories, you visit me in my sleep
I miss you
My darling
Who knew
Who knew
4 comments:
Awww, music speaks to me too. I'm glad you felt a connection to Jenna yesterday. It's hard to believe it's been a year since you saw her last.
Big hugs girl.......
I love that she sent you the song!
In ways it seems like a year ago since that day and in ways it seems like 3!
Hard to believe that a year has passed. The last time I saw Jenna was when she was pregnant with Jake. She stopped in VA on her way home from Tamra's wedding.
I still feel the pain and guilt over not coming down to see her when I should have. As the song goes... "who knew"?
Glad to hear you all got together for Jenna's bday today. We will be down in TN the weekend of the 27th so I am sure we may see you.
Post a Comment