Monday, June 30, 2008

Oh yeah.... I forgot

I have recently made myself believe that I had playdates so the kids wouldn't be bored. How quickly I forget that is only partly true. Yep, they are for me too so I don't lose my mind. I mean today I felt as though I could literally lose my mind. We haven't had a playdate since Wednesday. Now granted up till then we had one almost ever single day and I got to the point that I just wanted to be home. Well I am over it! We have been home Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and today. Now granted on some of those days we ran a few errands and I went out Friday night with my girlfriends. But it isn't the same as a playdate. The kids play and have fun and I have fun as well.
Today about did me in. We went to the library. I was thinking, this will get us out of the house and be enjoyable for us all. Wrong. I pulled out their little books and tried to find AR books in Mykenzie's reading level to have her work on her reading. Well not only is that completely not user friendly at all I had this strange worker following around making weird jokes that I didn't get and telling me that it isn't easy for him either. All I did was ask him for some help cause I didn't know if I was doing it wrong and that is why it was so difficult. I wasn't, it was just that all the books I looked for were out. I gave up (much to the workers chagrin as he told me it wasn't good to give up) and just let Mykenzie pick out some books AR score be damned! I looked for some books on my list and they were out as well. This whole time Kaylee is talking very loudly and Mykenzie is whining about how she doesn't want to have to read any books. Lovely. Then we went to Publix for a few things. More whining and alot more money than I planned to spend and we were out of there and back home. The girls have just been driving me nuts, driving each other nuts and are just bored out of their mind. Tomorrow we are leaving and I don't know what we are doing but it is going to be dang fun if it kills me! I need a playdate!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, if I was off work you guys could come here and hang out. :)

chandra said...

LOL, the truth comes out. Are you going to DC at 10:30? We'll be there, my kids need to get out of the house too.

Sorry about your rough day and that Library worker sounds like a freak!

Mary said...

ol.Well, I wish you were here because we need a few playdates ourselves. I almost called you yesterday, but thought you would be busy as usual. I hope you have a better day!

Barbara said...

Playdates Rock! I agree with Chandra about the Library guy. I wish I could have been hiding and watching!