Sunday, June 08, 2008

We Survived the first week of no school...

Our week went pretty well. We had some fighting that made me want to scream, lets get real it did make me scream. lol We ran errands on Monday, oh that thrilled them to no end but I took the out to lunch at Red Robin and they were a bit happier about that.
Tuesday we went to the pool and it was wonderful since we were the only people there. The water was way to cold for me to put anything more than my feet in but the kids jumped right in. Mykenzie also had her first swim lesson. She did really good and really enjoyed it.
Wednesday we had a marathon playdate at Chandra's which was fun and included free pizza which was sweet! lol
Thursday we did some elliptical shopping, long story short I am giving up and finding another way to lose my second rear end. And Mykenzie had lesson #2. This time I thought I would die. It is so dang hot in there going outside into the 95 degree temps felt like air conditioning. I will be sitting outside of the pool from now on cause I really thought I was going to pass out from the heat.
Friday was back to the splash pad and home for some relaxing.
Saturday we let the girls play outside in their new blow up pool with slide. It is just a tiny thing but they had a blast. I went grocery shopping and we just hung out.
Today was church and then we took the girls to see Kung Fu Panda. They both liked it. Now we made it thru week 1 only 2 months left to go.... I think that I may have just enough tricks up my sleeve to keep both girls happy and entertained. I have vetoed any outside play that doesn't involve me getting wet in some capacity though cause it is so dang hot. Seriously 100 degrees in the beginning of June is not a good sign for the rest of the summer.

1 comment:

amyjoy1267 said...

Too hot too early. We hit triple digits almost every day last week!!!