
I am one who has to make a list for everything! Things I need to do, things I want to do, things I need to buy, ect. I am a planner by nature, it is in my blood, I have always done it. It gets on Travis' nerves a bit since I literally plan our vacations by the hour. You can pretty much look at my schedule and know where we will be at any given time. I usually run a little late but I stick to it. I have even past said schedules out to family while visiting in Ohio so they would know when we were available to spend time with them. People think I am nuts but it works for me. Well today I discovered a new list. I am going to write down the things I do, as I do them. I don't plan on having this be a long term thing. I am just curious to see how much I do around this house all day that I never get credit for. My list so far has 40 things on it. It is now 4:30 pm. I know that plenty of people do more than I in a days time but I just want to see what I do, figure out if I think it is enough and adjust my life from there. I am pretty proud of my accomplishments, small and mundane as they may be. It made me see that even though I am home all day long I am actually doing something!
4 comments:
Hmmm...maybe I should do this. Are you listing things like "stared blankly at 'Dora the Explorer' for half an hour"? ;-)
Nah...I'm not a list person. It's not making the lists that is the problem--it's sticking to them.
Good for you! As a SAHM there is no one to give you a performance appraisal, pat on the back, or a raise if you do a good job. Way to recognize that fact all by yourself!
I love lists!! I think it's great your documenting your day! It will help you feel better about doing nothing once in a while!
I think that we are twins Jacy!! I love lists and have to stop myself at times cause I know that it's a bit anal retentive. It's the only way that I feel like I've done what I've needed to though. You're not alone!
Post a Comment