
I took Mykenzie to register for brownie scouts last night, no more Daisy's. We found out that she will be able to do a lot of fun stuff this year like camping, being in the Christmas parade and of course selling Girl Scout cookies. I am really looking forward to the cookies :) She will be doing overnight camp this year, which I am excited for and nervous about at the same time. Well there is no way that Travis will let her do overnight camp without one of us there, he isn't going to go obviously, so I will be the one. Well in order to do that you have to become an Adult Girl Scout, so here I am! lol Mykenzie thinks it is quite funny that I am a girl scout too. I am glad there is no ugly uniform for me! hehehe I am so excited to find out that our dues for the year are only $15!! In Daisy's we had to pay $5 a meeting because they aren't allowed to do fund raising. I am thrilled about that, plus the camping and everything they do will not cost us a penny, woo hoo! Of course I have to buy the freaking uniform, which includes a vest, pants, short sleeve shirt, tie, skirt, and long sleeve shirt! And lets not forget about the troop numbers and pins and handbooks. We are talking over $100 for all of it but if you think about it, it really isn't too bad with all she will be doing.
We were thinking of signing her up for Cheerleading too. Registration for that is the 5th. Haven't decided for sure yet. It is $45 for registration and pom poms and then $8.50 a week. I am sure a uniform will be coming after that too. I can't imagine they wouldn't do a uniform. We will see. I have a ton of stuff going on that week for school and stuff. She says she wants to do it but I am sure she would say that about anything I asked her. Given the choice between that and girl scouts though, she chose scouts.
4 comments:
LOL Jacy! I'm so glad they aren't making you wear a uniform! You will have so much fun! Mykenzie will love it too! I think you have officially entered the BUSY MOM taxi driver arena! We did cheerleading and scouts in the same year, and it was a little stressful,alot of takeout dinners..LOL but the girls loved it!
I can't wait to see pics of her in her uniform!
congrats big girl scout!! Ashlee may start Cheer this year too! :) I'm still thinking about it!!
Woohoo a Girl Scout! I am still waiting for the paper to come home to say it is time to sign up. We are going to skip dance this year and do girl scouts and choir, and maybe cheerleading in the summer along with her swim lessons. I think 2 activities is enough for us. I will be right there being a "big" girl scout with ya, and am looking forward to cookies I don't need!
I'll admit to envisioning you dressed in the girl scout uniform LOL. Thank goodness you don't have to wear one!
Mmmm...thin mints. Wish I lived closer! We'd be buying some for sure!
I'm not getting Caleb involved in ANYTHING this fall. He can wait until spring. I'm so busy right now that my head is spinning.
Post a Comment