This school situation has been driving me crazy the past few days. Since there was no school yesterday I had to wait until this morning to go to the school and see what the deal is. I still don't fully know how the whole thing is going to play out but I am felling a little bit better. Ideally I would rather her be in a classroom with 19 other kids and her teacher but apparently that isn't going to happen. The real reason behind all of this is that there were too many kindergarteners this year so they had to open a 7th kindergarten class, which meant that Mrs. Watson had to give up her room since it is technically supposed to be a kindergarten room. The 2 classes that they are being split into are in one large room separated by a wall, so essentially Mrs. Watson can stand it the "hall" by the wall and see both rooms. She will be going back and forth to each room for different subjects and they will also have a teacher's aid. I think it will work out ok, I just don't know anything about this new teacher she will also be having. I am hoping we get some more 1st graders registered so they can get a 7th class. It would be in the resource room or they will have to clean out the teachers lounge and get rid of it cause those are the only 2 rooms in the school it could possibly be in. The whole thing is just a mess. Hopefully it works out. I wish I could go and shadow a class one day so I could see what the heck is going on but I suppose I don't really want to be "that" mom. I already am though. I am the only parent that contacted her about this mess. Of course no one else has her email address either since we haven't had our room meeting yet. That will hopefully shed some light on things too. I was not the only mom who waited in the hall with them today to walk to the new room to find out where it is so that made me feel a little better. I am trusting my child's life and education to these people though so I have the right to be in their faces about it I think! I have heard some really bad things today about the middle school that we are zoned for so I really hope there is a new one before we have to deal with it or we have moved by the time that comes.Tuesday, August 15, 2006
An update on all the school drama
This school situation has been driving me crazy the past few days. Since there was no school yesterday I had to wait until this morning to go to the school and see what the deal is. I still don't fully know how the whole thing is going to play out but I am felling a little bit better. Ideally I would rather her be in a classroom with 19 other kids and her teacher but apparently that isn't going to happen. The real reason behind all of this is that there were too many kindergarteners this year so they had to open a 7th kindergarten class, which meant that Mrs. Watson had to give up her room since it is technically supposed to be a kindergarten room. The 2 classes that they are being split into are in one large room separated by a wall, so essentially Mrs. Watson can stand it the "hall" by the wall and see both rooms. She will be going back and forth to each room for different subjects and they will also have a teacher's aid. I think it will work out ok, I just don't know anything about this new teacher she will also be having. I am hoping we get some more 1st graders registered so they can get a 7th class. It would be in the resource room or they will have to clean out the teachers lounge and get rid of it cause those are the only 2 rooms in the school it could possibly be in. The whole thing is just a mess. Hopefully it works out. I wish I could go and shadow a class one day so I could see what the heck is going on but I suppose I don't really want to be "that" mom. I already am though. I am the only parent that contacted her about this mess. Of course no one else has her email address either since we haven't had our room meeting yet. That will hopefully shed some light on things too. I was not the only mom who waited in the hall with them today to walk to the new room to find out where it is so that made me feel a little better. I am trusting my child's life and education to these people though so I have the right to be in their faces about it I think! I have heard some really bad things today about the middle school that we are zoned for so I really hope there is a new one before we have to deal with it or we have moved by the time that comes.
No comments:
Post a Comment