Sunday, August 27, 2006

Our weekend and other rambles

I am done with summer, well more like I am done with this HEAT!!! Oh my goodness. I have no idea what the actual temperature is outside but it is HOT! We were outside from 9:30am till 3:00pm with a short inside lunch break. Travis got most of the house pressure washed and I trimmed bushes and pulled weeds, ect. The girls had a great time playing in their little pool and on the swing set but even they were done being in the heat by 1:oo. A drop in temperature will be very welcome :) Remind me I said that when it is freezing outside.

Yesterday we all ventured out to Jo Ann Fabrics. They had scrapbook paper on sale so I picked some of that up. I am thinking I am going to start doing it again. I talked to Travis about it and we are going to set up a table in our bedroom for me to work on it. That has been one big thing keeping me from doing it. I could only do it at the dining room table which Kaylee can get to very easily and I would have to clean it up everyday so it didn't look awful. I probably wont actually start until after Christmas. I need to buy the table and there are a few inexpensive tools I want to get too before I start. I need to worry about buying other things right now though before I start that. We also went on a great shoe search, who knew it would be so hard to find a pair of tennis shoes for Mykenzie! We finally ended up at Shoe Carnival and Mykenzie walked out with 2 pairs of shoes, yes one was tennis shoes. Kaylee and Travis both got a pair too. We ended our outing with a trip to Applebees, it was sooo good. It could have been because we were starving but we walked out stuffed and happy :)

Now I am done with the weekend. Technically it is only 4:15pm but I have done all I am going to do. I am relaxing the rest of the day... well I have to make dinner and get the kids baths and stuff ready for school but other than that I am done ;-)

We have decided that rather than next October being our date for going to Disney World, that we are going to go for Spring Break. I know it will be much more crowded but Fast Pass is wonderful for that :) I just don't want to plan it and have it ruined by a stupid hurricane. So our date will be March 16th that we will be flying out. It is not booked yet but it will be soon. I can't wait to go back. Kaylee will be about 7 months younger than Mykenzie was when we took her. I am a little nervous she wont like it as much as Mykenzie did but I am gonna pump her with Disney everything from now till then. Maybe that will work. Mykenzie is very excited and I am sure Travis is too because she will be able to ride some of the bigger rides this time. We will have to take turns with that cause I want to ride too :) As long as we have good weather we will have fun. Now to figure out what hotel we will stay at....

5 comments:

Barbara said...

Wow girl, I can't take it 30 minutes in the heat, you guys did good! I'm done with it too!

Applebees sounds yummy! Glad you finally found shoes!

Disney sounds fun! I'm with you on the no hurricane desire!!

ashkaitnjakesmom said...

Wow, you go girl!! I couldn't stand the heat today at all!!! I love Disney!! I think Kaylee will love it.. you'll need a harness for her little bum though! LOL That, or a stroller!! How exciting!!

Amber said...

No freakin' way that Kaylee will be almost the same age that Kenzie was when you guys went last time!! I can't believe that--Kenzie seemed so big then, and Kaylee seems so little still!

Way to jolt me out of my denial about Tristan growing up LOL.

wtg on the productive weekend. And I'm with you--bring on the cool weather!

chandra said...

Congrats on finding shoes! Glad MyKenzie doesn't have to go to gym class in bare feet again. ;)

How exciting about your disney trip. I'm jealous! We have yet to take Ryan, I guess it's about time.

busymomof3 said...

Jacy-
First let me say I LOVE your blog!! I've been a slacker and haven't been reading any of them lately, so I'm trying to catch up!
That is very exciting about disney and also that you are going to start scrapping! WOOHOO! You'll have to join us sometime when we crop!