Thursday, August 24, 2006

At Long Last....

Tonight is the night of the school meeting. I am so excited. Who ever thought I would be so thrilled to sit in a classroom. Mykenzie could care less about having 2 teachers, me on the other hand...AHH! I cant wait to go tonight and find out how it all is working and how her day goes. Not to mention how buying snacks works and when the heck they have gym. I haven't even bought her gym shoes yet cause they aren't telling me what day she even has to wear them. Drives me nuts being kept in the dark.

I am wondering what is wrong with little girls these days. Are they born to be mean spirited and hurt people's feelings? I witness some girls being mean to some other kids on the play ground a couple of days ago while I was sitting in car pool line. Then Mykenzie came home from school telling me that a couple of second graders were calling her and some other kids losers. I told her to remember how it hurt her feelings so she doesn't ever do it to someone else and to just stay away from those girls on the playground. According to her they "were sitting on the slide like they owned it and pushing the kids down if they got on it." I told her to find somewhere else to play and she was sad and said " but I like to play on the slide" I told her not to be a tattle tale if someone called her a name like loser, but they don't have any business putting their hands on her, if that continued she needed to tell her teacher. Not that they would do anything about it. I just wish kids weren't so mean to each other, seems like it starts way too young. I remember being that little and doing some of the same stuff though. I just hope Mykenzie isn't mean to other kids. I wish I knew the right thing to tell her on how to deal with it. She does tell them they are not being nice :)

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Aw Man!!! It shouldn't start that early. Well it shouldn't start at all but I know it does. Hugs, I think you told her the right thing.

Amber said...

Trust me...I know how mean elementary schoolers can be! It does sound like she's dealing with it well though, so that's good.