Saturday, August 30, 2008

I may be giving up

On trying to cook that is. I swear, every time I try something new, something I actually follow a recipe for it turns out awful. I try and make things that friends recommend and have tried first even and it still comes out awful for me. I just can not cook. This week I will be attempting to fry fish. I have never done this before so it should be interesting. I am also making a recipe that the Publix lady was making last week that was really yummy. I took the card and walked all around that store searching for every ingredient, and there were a freaking lot, most of which I had never heard of so surely wont use again. I spent a ton of money buying everything that I need. If that and my fried fish do not turn out yummy, I am done. We will have pre-made frozen foods or stuff from a can. This is ridiculous. I mean really, I am a housewife you would think I would be a good cook. I generally have more luck throwing things into a pot and cooking them than I do following a recipe. Don't get me wrong now I have had luck throwing things into a pot maybe 3 times ever and could never repeat it. That just goes to show you how often I have recipe luck. Now if it is something desserty I can generally pull off a recipe, except cookies I still can't make a really good cookie, though not for the lack of trying. I need to find some other "homey" skill since I have yet to come across something that a stereotypical housewife is good at. Maybe I need to blow the dust off my sewing machine and give that a try, it was one of my new years resolutions after all.

signed~ the Truly Undomestic Housewife

2 comments:

chandra said...

I don't believe you! I've eaten things you've made and they've all been yummy. Good luck with the fish fry and what are you making from the Publix recipe?

Barbara said...

I know you make a yummy lasagna!! How did the fish turn out?