Monday, August 18, 2008
Great at the first impressions
Today we had our first play date with a girl from Kaylee's school and her mom and baby brother. We met them at the zoo and were planning on a fabulous day. We have been around them before at school and birthday parties but this was the first time we actually did something with just them. We made it through the macaws and the monkeys and into the building with the fish and reptiles. About half way through there Kaylee starting whining saying she wanted to go home. When we got back outside I asked her why and she said that her belly hurt. Well she had refused to eat breakfast that morning so I figured she was hungry so we went to the nearby tables and got out our picnic lunches and began to eat. Kaylee ate her go gurt and was sitting quietly. Then she wanted to sit on my lap and for me to feed her. I got her to take a bit of her sandwich and she immediately started throwing up! OMG! People were eating and she was throwing up right next to them. She was laughing and being silly after she calmed down and got cleaned up. Then she got real quiet again. This time we ran to a trash can but the urge left her and she didn't throw up again. So we gathered up our stuff and left. We were all really bummed that we had to cut the day short and hopefully we will be able to get together again soon. I don't know what her deal is with throwing up when she doesn't eat, it doesn't seem too normal to me. At least we know she isn't diabetic. Hopefully I am right and that was all it was and she doesn't have a virus that we have now exposed them to. She felt a little warm when we got home but when I took her temperature it was normal. And for the record she has seemed fine since we got home, she did take a nap in the car on the way too. She still hasn't eaten anything though so it is still too early to say.
2 comments:
Yay for warranties, and the fact that you were organized enough to still find your receipt. Hope it gets fixed soon.
I hate that for you guys! For you, having to waste that drive and being embarassed, and for her because it's so yucky to throw up. Hopefully the next get together will go much more smoothly!!
Hugs ;)
Post a Comment