Today is our last day (weekends don't count) before school starts. It is a little sad to see summer end. I realized today that there were so many things I had planned to do that we just never got around to. We did have a good one though with lots of fun things and trips to fun places. It is just sad we didn't get around to everything I had hoped to. Time just goes by so quickly.
While I am sad that our lives are flying by I am also happy to have school start again. It is good for the girls and good for me too. I have such a long list of things that I want to get done the first few weeks they are back. My house has been let go this summer. Not that I have done nothing but it is no where near where it needs to be. I couldn't even shut my pantry door today cause it was so crammed full of stuff I had just been throwing in it. Same goes for about every closet and storage space in my house. Plus I have finally been kicking some serious butt on my scrapbooking this summer and I just think of all I can do with the girls at school!! I may be totally caught up by this time next year. Who knows maybe sooner, since I am just starting 2006 I am not going to set my goal too high! lol
Kaylee wont return until the 26th so it will just be she and I for awhile. I am sure she is going to be a bit irritated that Mykenzie is back and she still has to wait. She loves school! I was hoping to have her writing her name by the time school started but that doesn't seem like it is going to happen. She can do some of it but gets very frustrated. We still have a few weeks though so you never know. Mykenzie was about four and a half before she could do it.
Mykenzie did school work off and on during the summer but not nearly as much as I had planned for her to do. I am awful about following a schedule! I never used to be this way. I planned things out and followed it. Now we just fly by the seat of our pants and do what we want. It is a little strange. I am still uptight so I am not sure how I lost that part of me! lol I had this schedule for the girls, it literally lasted a week. I swear, I am such a good role model setting such wonderful examples. It was up, dressed, breakfast, chores (they each had a chore list) school work, lunch,outing, whatever. Yep. A week. That's it. It was a darn good schedule too. I wish I would have made myself (and them) stick to it. I am sure if I were working or in school I would be much more likely to follow one and have some time management but not working I think makes you much more lax.
The girls both had dentist appointments yesterday and both had great visits. I got the "I strongly suggest you get Mykenzie to an orthodontist" talk again. I was supposed to take her a year ago!! I SUCK! I swear I will make the appointment soon!! Kaylee had her 4 year check up today. She got 2 shots and took them like a pro. Her feet are peeling really badly and the Dr. thinks she may have strep in her system so they did a strep test but we wont know till Monday. She is also going to go ahead a schedule her with the cardiologist for another echo. I have been thinking about it alot lately and told her that I was concerned. She immediately said she would get her in so that was nice not to have to plead my case. She does still have a murmur so lets all pray that it is the kind that isn't a big deal. I'll keep ya posted.
We didn't get a chance to do anything fun today :( We had some back to school shopping to do and it took longer than I expected. We did eat lunch at Panera bread though and between shopping trips we stopped at Maggie Moo's for some ice cream :) Hopefully Sunday we will make it to the back to school bash downtown, the girls will love that, depends on how long it takes to meet her teacher that afternoon. Still crossing my fingers and toes she gets a good one this year!
Tomorrow Kaylee has her first birthday party that only she was invited to. Mykenzie gets to stay home with dad while Kaylee and I go to Sailor's party (a friend from school) She is so excited to go!! Then next Saturday she has another party to go to, this time it is Addison's (her BFF according to them) She is a popular little girl :) I wish they were all going to end up at the same elementary school but we all live in different school districts so that stinks, she will really miss them when school is over this year. The bday party Saturday is at a gymnastics studio that I was thinking of taking the girls so I will be able to check it out and get some info while I am there. Mykenzie would be thrilled if I signed her up!!
No comments:
Post a Comment