Nothing much going on here. We are going to Kaylee's school tonight to meet her new teachers. We just found out one of her little friends (Avery) won't be in her class this year, so hopefully Addison and Sailor will be still. She is excited and can't wait for the big day tomorrow. And neither can I! I am going to lunch with friends to celebrate my freedom.
The girls have been getting along decently. Still fighting some but playing better together. The proof is all over the floor in my loft. OMG it is horrible! I took pictures, but I am not sharing them till I get it cleaned up. I am on mission search,sort,trash,give away. Today I got my downstairs toy basket done (there is currently only 1 thing in it and I may get rid of that too) and I got Kaylee's room done. I have a 1/4 of a bag of trash and an entire trash bag of stuff to get rid of. Next is Mykenzie's room and last will be the loft. I like to just pretend that room doesn't exist, it is that bad. It is amazing the mess 2 kids can make in a short amount of time.
Other than just getting through each day we haven't been up to much. I had the room meeting at Mykenzie's school last week and I still like her teacher. She is really sweet but will still be firm and I like that. I talked to her about some of my concerns for Mykenzie and she said she will keep an eye out and stay on top of her, so that is really good. Some of the parents I could do without though. Seems like quite a few know each other through church or something outside of school. One mom apparently appointed herself room mother (I personally think she believes she is also queen of the world) which is fine because while I am happy to help out I don't want that job. But what if someone else did? There are new students and moms who are also involved and may have wanted the job. Who the hell died and gave her that title? Just irritating. I hate when people think they are better than everyone else and look down their snooty little noses at people.
Like I said not much going on. I will post pics of Kaylee's first day of school tomorrow. After she gets home of course. I am not wasting those precious free hours blogging!
2 comments:
It is amazing how much mess 2 small kids can make. It sounds like you're doing a great job getting it all cleaned up. If you want any more stuff to organize, head on over to my house, you'll be entertained for days. lol
Too funny about not wasting your precious child-free hours blogging. Sorry for the snooty lady, hopefully you won't have to see her much.
Good job getting rid of stuff! Happy first day of freedom, too :)
Post a Comment