Kaylee had a great first day of school. She made some new friends and is so excited that Addison and Sailor are both in her class again. Other than those 2 there is only 1 little boy from last year, and 1 little girl that she knows. I was surprised to see how many new kids there were. It is good to mix it up and meet new people though so that is good. Her teachers are both very sweet and I think she is going to have a great year. When I got there to pick her up she was excited and was having a great time playing until I asked where her bow was. She ran to get it (off the floor in the play area) and a little boy stepped on her fingers. She lost it. I imagine it hurt but I think with her being up late last night and the excitement of the day wearing her out today she just couldn't control her emotions. She screamed and cried the rest of the time we were in the class, threw a fit in the hall because I wouldn't carry her and her backpack and cried all the way to the car. Then she was just grouchy and when I asked her questions about her day she would just pout and say, I can't talk about it. She napped for a little bit and woke up crying and cried for another 20 minutes. She is happy now but the girl is going to bed early tonight she had a long long day.
Her teacher told me that she had a great day with no problems at all and that she listened and played nicely all day. She has already warmed up to her teachers so that is awesome. I am so blessed to have kids that go to school so easily. Mykenzie I can tell is nervous when she first starts but she always has been and she has never thrown a fit when dropping her off. Kaylee couldn't care less. She asks a few questions like, are you staying with me (no), why?(because it isn't my school it's just for kids) when are you going to come get me (2:00) then is like ok, bye mom, I love you.
Looks like we are going to have a great year this time around because both girls have good teachers and are enjoying school this year! Yahoo!!
1 comment:
Woo Hoo! Sounds like she's off to a great start! Well all except for getting her fingers stepped on!
Go Kaylee!
Post a Comment