Wednesday, January 02, 2008

2008!


It is already 2008! Seems like we were just hearing about all of the Y2K panic all over the news. This year Travis and I will celebrate being together for 10 years! Holy Moly! Mykenzie will turn 8 and my baby will turn 4! I will turn 28 *gulp*

So this year I have some resolutions but I am setting them as things that are actually realistic. Sure there are things about myself that I want to change, be more patient more positive ect but those aren't really things that you can cross off a list. So on that note my resolutions for 2008 are....

1. Copy all of my VHS home videos onto DVDs (we bought the DVD burner last Christmas and still haven't done it.

2. Get all of my pictures burned to cds off the computer, and keep up with it.

3. Get all of my pictures organized. They are laying all over my bedroom with all my scrapbook supplies. I want them all either scrapped or in photo albums.

4. Figure out a better system for my kids school papers. I am better about throwing stuff away but I still have a ton. My current folder situation is not working anymore.

5. Overall get my house more organized. I have alot of things done already but it takes me no time to junk it up again and then I have to do it again. I have to do Kaylee's closet (the keeper of all the clothes that don't fit) every 3 months.

6. Keeping with the picture/video theme, I want to get more of Kaylee on video. I have truly sucked with it. I probably have at least 1000 hours of Mykenzie and I probably have 10 of Kaylee. It is really really sad. More photos too. But of both girls. I seem to only take pics when it is a special occasion anymore I need some more candid shots.

7. Learn how to work my sewing machine. I am going to go pick out a seemingly simple pattern and learn how to make something with my sewing machine. I seriously have had that thing for long enough, it is time to blow the dust off of it and learn how to use it. I have 3 pairs of pants that need hemmed and one that needs a zipper replaced and I would love if I could do it myself. Don't worry I am not going to try, I will pay someone for that. I am gonna start small people!

Ok so there is my list of practical things to accomplish in 2008! Losing 15 pounds and getting fit would be nice too ;) But you'll notice that isn't on my list of practical things! lol Travis is starting his no more smoking quest starting today so wish him luck. Well really wish me and the girls luck cause it is gonna suck for us for a while. lol We want him with us for a long time though so I suppose listening to him bitch for a while is ok. As long as it isn't too long! lol

I hope all of you have a wonderful 2008 and that you accomplish all of your resolutions this year!!! Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Happy New year!

Has Travis considered using that prescription to help ppl stop smoking that blocks the receptors in the brain?

M got it & hasn't smoked in 7 days. He says he hasn't been cranky either. We'll have to take his word on that one, since I'm not there to see it ;-)