Friday, September 15, 2006

Fridays suck

It was last friday that Jenna first went into the hospital and this nightmare began. Now here it is Friday again and she got more awful news. It is indeed leukemia.
I hate this. I hate that she has to go through this. It seems so unfair to her, to her kids, to Mark, to her mom and the rest of her family. I orignally was only thinking of her,the kids and Mark untill I saw her mom with her in the hospital. I will never forget the image of them embracing for the first time since she got the news of what was more than likely to be (it was confirmed today). It broke my heart. It must be so hard for her to watch her child have to go through dealing with cancer a second time. I just can't imagine how hard it was on her when Jenna was young and had it and beat it just to have to see her baby in a hospital bed again 20 years later. Unimaginable. Just strange that I hadn't really given that a thought until then. You think about Jenna and her own kids but you forget for a while that she is someones kid too. Prayers for her family that they are strong for her to help her get through this, Prayers for her kids that they can come to some understanding to why they can't see mommy for so long, Prayers for Mark that he is able to find the strength to juggle everything from work, to the kids, the house, to Jenna and his own emotions. And of course the most prayers going to Jenna, that she will stay positive and kick this leukemia's ass. She will beat it. I am sure of it. She has been through this before and now she has 4 BIG motivators. I just hate that she has to go down such a rough road.
This probably makes no sence. I am just thinking outloud. My heart is broken. I hate that this is happening. I wish there was something I could do. She knows that if she needs me for anything I will be there, I suppose that and prayers are all any of us can really do. Pray for her. Have I mentioned that I hate this? Love ya Jenna!!

1 comment:

Amber said...

:(

I kept checking in yesterday for updates & hoping that it would turn out to be some virus.

I'll keep her in my thoughts as she goes through treatments.