Saturday, September 09, 2006

Making the change

Going from a crib to a toddler bed. Definitely not my choice, if I had my way Kaylee would be in a crib until after Christmas at least. Well the problem is that she will not stay in her crib. She started last night by climbing out when Travis put her to bed. He got her to lay down and go to sleep but she woke up at about 4 am screaming and I went in and she was climbing out. I calmed her down and changed her diaper and brought her in bed with us. Well she kept tossing and turning and wouldn't go back to sleep so I put her back in her crib, she climbed out and stood at her door screaming on the top of her lungs. So we were pretty much up today since 4 am. She did go back to sleep for about 45 minutes so I got to sleep then too. She would also not stay in her crib for a nap today and she opened the door and came right on out of her room screaming. So we set up the toddler bed. I let her stay up till 8:30 thinking surely she would be tired since she was up at 4 this morning and then only took a 2 hour nap, but NOOOO, she screamed and cried, "I wanna play" over and over. I read her a book 5 times, I tried to get her to let me lay with her, FINALLY she decided she would stay in bed if I laid with her. So after about 5 minutes of me laying down with her she was out. Now lets just see if it lasts all night. I am REALLY dreading nap time tomorrow. About the time I put Mykenzie in her toddler bed was also about the time she gave up naps, Kaylee NEEDS a nap. Wish me luck with that. I suppose I should just hope she sleeps all night, needless to say that I have been up since 4am I am awfully tired.

I have to pat Travis on the back though and say he did make me breakfast this morning, and he made the girls lunch while I was visiting a friend in the hospital, and he made them dinner. And to top it off he put Kaylee's bed together and read Mykenzie a story all during the Ohio State, Texas game that he has been dying to watch.

On a side note, alot of you reading this don't know my friends here, but Jenna is in the hospital and they are unsure of what is wrong with her. Her white blood cell count is pretty low along with some other things. They are saying it could be viral or it could be leukemia (her smear came back abnormal). If you could all say a prayer for her or send some good thoughts out I am sure she would appreciate it. She is a good friend and we need her healthy again :)

1 comment:

Amber said...

Goodness...sounds like you have a lot on your plate.

I'll keep Jenna in my thoughts. Hope they figure out what's wrong & can fix it quickly!