Sunday, September 10, 2006

Sleep deprived

So last night was Kaylee's first night in her toddler bed. Lets just say, it did not go well. She was up every freaking hour. She would cry, I would go in till she fell back asleep, I would go back to my bed fall asleep and she was crying again. It was an absolute nightmare. So on top of the fact that I had been up since 4am I got next to no sleep last night. I dont know how she is not dragging after the past 2 nights we've had but she isn't. I just put her down for a nap and literally had to lock her in her room and let her scream so she would get some sleep. It has been an hour since she fell asleep and guess what she just freaking woke up! This sucks really badly. I had no problems with Mykenzie crawing out of her crib or staying in her bed when we switched her. I certainly did not have the complete opposition to sleep! She starts screaming as we start walking up the steps to go to bed. I have no clue what I am supposed to do. Anyone have any advice for me. Lord knows I could use it cause I am flipping tired!!!! She wont even sleep in bed with us, I am going to go insane. Now the weekend is over so I cant just sit in my pjs all day like I have today becuase I have stuff to do. How do people function with no sleep? She is quite again, I am going to go jump in the shower before she escapes. Seriously, advice is definatley welcome here!

4 comments:

chandra said...

UGH! Sorry Jacy. I don't have any advice, Ryan made the switch really easily. I hope she adjusts quickly so you can get some much needed rest.

Mary said...

OH MY! I am sending you some sleeping vibes. Sarah made the switch just fine and I haven't switched Jacob yet. I have a feeling when I do, we will go through about the same thing. I hope you find something that works for you soon!

Amber said...

Yikes.

My only thought is putting her back into a crib (maybe w/ a crib tent over the top? Or would that freak her out?)? Sounds like she is REEEEEALLY resisting the transition!

All of mine liked the bed BETTER than the crib, so this is pretty weird to me!

Kristen said...

It took us three tries before Andrew stayed in his crib...we tried him at 18 months, then 20 months or so, then again at 25 months. The 3rd time stuck...but there were times we just locked the door and let him deal with it. He wasn't waking up crying, he would just wake up and bother us all night. Of course, he cried when we locked him in there. After he'd finally fall asleep, then we'd open the door. It sucks!