Thursday, September 21, 2006

Disney on Ice


We went to see Princess Wishes (Disney on Ice) on Saturday. I took Mykenzie and we had a nice little girls day. It was a wonderful distraction for me with everything going on, just sit back and feel like a kid again for a couple of hours. It was such a good show! Wonderful performances, excellent skating, I wasn't expecting the skating like that, they were very good. The other DOI think I have seen is Finding Nemo, so they were in big costumes and not doing big tricks and pair skating. This was wonderful. The guy who played Aladdin, looked JUST like him! Oh my goodness, it was a little freaky how much he looked like the cartoon version, almost like they drew him to look like this guy! I was regretting leaving Kaylee at home because she would have enjoyed it too. That changed though when Prince Philip had to fight the large mechanical fire breathing dragon! She would have freaked. A little girl behind us was scared to death! It was way cool though! Then a guy that was playing thorns, that Prince Philip (from Sleeping Beauty) had to fight through crashed in front of us! Philip hit him with his shield and this guy lost his balance and slammed into the foot high wall about 2 feet in front of us. Thank God it was built strong cause he would have been in our laps. Of course the dads that were behind us were dying laughing at the poor guy! I felt so bad for him. I figure that people who weren't right there would probably think it supposed to happen. Those of us who heard the crash knew better though. Of course we get home and that is the only detail that Mykenzie can remember to tell her dad, someone crashed right in front of us! LOL

If you have a little girl and this comes to your area, I would definitely recommend going. It is a little pricey but we had a great time! This critic gives this show two thumbs way up!!
Here is the link to see the rest of our pictures from the show :) share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AcuWTNo2bNGgF

2 comments:

chandra said...

How fun! All the pictures are great and Mykenzie's smile is adorable. Looks like she really enjoyed her day with Mommy. I can't wait to have a little girl who will enjoy that stuff!

ashkaitnjakesmom said...

Awww,looked like such a great show! I wish I got tickets for the girls to go!