I am totally spent. I have been busting my tail all week. I did all the decorating, painting and shopping that I mentioned in previous posts and then Saturday I did a complete overhaul of my closet. It looks so good now! It is actually functional and we don't have to step in baskets of dirty clothes in order to get to the back of the closet. I got some shoe things, a laundry organizer, brought a book shelf in from downstairs and used a rubbermaid tote to get some stuff out of there and into the attic where it needs to be. It seriously looks so much better and so freaking organized it is awesome! I would post a photo but I don't have a before so you wont get the full effect. Just know I ended up with a big box for phase 2, a bag of trash and a bag for good will. Beautiful. Because I moved the bookshelf out of my downstairs closet to upstairs I also had to rework some stuff down there and it looks so much BIGGER! Just from removing a bookshelf that honestly did not take up much room at all. Now if I could just figure out a storage solution for our games I would be extremely happy.
I managed to get about 10 badges sewn onto Mykenzie's girl scout vest. I finally found them when I cleaned out my downstairs closet Saturday. I put them in a spot that made absolute perfect sense I just forgot completely where I put them! lol don't you love when you do that!
Now I can think of a million more things to do but I think I am going to hang out and spend the next couple evenings I have alone with a good book rather than with paint and spackel. Maybe just make a list of all the millions of things I want to do around this house, big and small to see what I can do here and there. I informed Travis last night that I wanted to put wainscoting in Kaylee's room and he just rolled his eyes and gave me a whiny "why?" LOL Gotta love it :)
We had snow all day today. It looked like it was going to stick for a minute but it ended up all going. It looked so pretty coming down though. I believe if it is going to be cold I want it to snow so at least the beauty of it distracts you from the cold somewhat. I just hate cold for the sake of being cold.
Tomorrow is the big day. Ol' GW will FINALLY be out of the White House!!! Woohoo! I am thrilled to have Obama being sworn in tomorrow! I can't wait to watch it. Travis got me a coffee cup while in Baltimore last week with Obama on it, it rocks! He got himself a sweatshirt that I will certainly have on tomorrow when I walk Kaylee into her totally Republican filled school. Well I live in TN so everywhere I go will be totally Republican filled! LOL I love it! I will be going to the hospital in the morning to meet Chandra's new baby!!! She had her little miracle boy today and he is such a cutie! Congratulations to her and her family! I am so thrilled for them!
Easy, relaxing week. That is the goal. I'll let ya know how that goes as I seem to have a problem doing that when Travis is out of town. Today though, mission accomplished! lol
No comments:
Post a Comment