Last years resolutions that is. I just posted my goals for 2009 yesterday but I got to thinking how many resolutions did I actually stick to for 2008? Walk with me would you....
X1. Copy all of my VHS home videos onto DVDs (we bought the DVD burner last Christmas and still haven't done it.
Well as you can see this made me list again for 2009, so nope didn't get this one done.
*2. Get all of my pictures burned to cds off the computer, and keep up with it.
This was done for the most part. I got all of the ones that needed done and kept up with it through September. Not too bad, but not complete either. Still I give myself a * for this :)
*3. Get all of my pictures organized. They are laying all over my bedroom with all my scrapbook supplies. I want them all either scrapped or in photo albums.
Score! I got this one done! Photos are organized. I am scrapped up to December 2008 so again not complete but close enough. I got 3.5 years scrapped in 1 year so once again I get a *!!
*4. Figure out a better system for my kids school papers. I am better about throwing stuff away but I still have a ton. My current folder situation is not working anymore.
Check! This one is complete and I am still happy with my system!
*5. Overall get my house more organized. I have alot of things done already but it takes me no time to junk it up again and then I have to do it again. I have to do Kaylee's closet (the keeper of all the clothes that don't fit) every 3 months.
I guess this is accomplished. Truthfully I am not that unorganized. What I wanted to do with this was mainly the girls rooms and that is done!
X6. Keeping with the picture/video theme, I want to get more of Kaylee on video. I have truly sucked with it. I probably have at least 1000 hours of Mykenzie and I probably have 10 of Kaylee. It is really really sad. More photos too. But of both girls. I seem to only take pics when it is a special occasion anymore I need some more candid shots.
Nope. Did not do this. Now I am glad cause my video camera is broken and they would have been stuck on tape. Now I don't have a video camera so I wont be able to do this in 2009 either. I did get Kaylee on video with my camera the other day singing a Pink song, scroll down to watch :)
X*7. Learn how to work my sewing machine. I am going to go pick out a seemingly simple pattern and learn how to make something with my sewing machine. I seriously have had that thing for long enough, it is time to blow the dust off of it and learn how to use it. I have 3 pairs of pants that need hemmed and one that needs a zipper replaced and I would love if I could do it myself. Don't worry I am not going to try, I will pay someone for that. I am gonna start small people!
I did learn how to thread my sewing machine and I used it to stitch on a scrapbook page :) I didn't get a pattern though and actually make anything. What about the pants that needed hemmed and the zipper fixed you ask? Yep they are still in my closet. I am one step closer though, I found someone to do it. Now I just have to make the call.
What have I learned? Just because I make it a resolution doesn't mean I will actually do it or even think about doing it. Maybe just maybe I will be able to accomplish what I want to in 2009. Only time will tell I suppose
No comments:
Post a Comment