2008 is almost over. What a year it has been. Nothing significant has happened in my house. We have had a pretty mellow year as far as things go. For awhile it seemed like we had something big going on every year, a move, a baby or something. This year we celebrated our children getting a year older and dreaded ourselves aging. We had several appliance malfunctions and drama that ensued with those. We got our leaky roof fixed and added some decorative details to our home. We took a trip to Ohio and one to Virgina, both to visit family. Though they were both very different they were both special. We made permanent decisions for our family and we purchased an investment property in Ohio. We celebrated the fact that we will start our new year with a new president that we believe will be a blessing for our country. We just enjoyed our lives and we are thankful for 2008 and all that it has brought us.
I am ending my year with the love different forms of art. I have found a love for crafting. I wish I could come up with ideas on my own but I am holding out hope that it will come in time. For now I enjoy seeing others ideas and trying to replicate them. I am getting back to books. I have missed them and have read few this past year, some but not many especially in comparison. Most recently the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. I never in my life would have thought that stories of vampires would interest me in any way but thought I'd read the first book to see what all the hype was about. I was instantly hooked and blew through the series in a week. My house was a wreck but it was worth it. Once you start you can't put them down and you literally get mad when you have to because of life and obligations. I made it to see the movie this weekend and I really liked it. Happy that it stayed pretty true to the book, however the book always wins out in the end. I actually came home after watching the movie and re-read the book :) Now I will be anxiously awaiting a new book. I am also currently in love with Mama Mia! I love the movie and the music was the first thing I put on my Ipod. I am getting ready to start a new book series and Lord help me, I hear it rivals Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. I will be the judge of that because I love me some Stephanie Plum :) Speaking of, I am hoping (fingers crossed) that on Jan. 7th I will be able to make it to Nashville to go to a Janet Evanovich book signing. That is also the day Mykenzie gets her braces so I am not sure if I will be able to get there in time but I plan to try anyhow.
Now for the resolutions......
* Continue scrapbooking and get caught up. I am only a year behind now so hopefully this is easily accomplished.
* Find a way to get my mini tapes from my video camera transferred to DVD. This will be harder since the video camera is toast, hoping to find someone that has one with the same tapes that I can borrow.
* Get my house stuff finished. We put crown and picture frame molding up but never finished it, so the nail holes need filled and it needs painted. I would love to add crown to a few more rooms as well
* While doing the above, I want to get all the trim in my house repainted, it needs it, badly.
* Find lots of extra time to read and craft... wish me luck since as far as I know the government has not extended the hours in a day.
* Work out. I need to get my body in shape. Losing my extra ass fat would be lovely but really I would be happy to not wake up and feel 65 because my muscles are so tight and to not be winded walking up the stairs.
* Christmas shop all year long. Well shop and craft. I would love to be done before the season even starts at least for people outside of my house.
* Pay off some debt. This one is tricky and is going to take some restraint. We will see
* Take a vacation with my mom and my sister. Just the 3 of us. Trying to work out the details.
* Enjoy family time, life and my friendships.
* Get my girl scouts to earn at least 10 try its by the end of the year (would like more though). Well they already earned 1 but I want 10 in addition to that one :) Wish me luck, this will be tough.
Here's hoping for a fabulous 2009!
2 comments:
We have an older video camera, remind me to show it to you to see if it will work for what you need.
Good Resolutions!
<----(raising hand)
Another "Twilight" addict here! I got the series from my sis and you seriously CANNOT put it down. If you're feaning for more, there is a short story on her website...can't remember the name, but it's the first 13 chapters of Twilight from Edward's perspective.
Way to go on the resolutions. I seem to have a new one pop in my head each day.
Post a Comment