Sunday, December 21, 2008

4 days!

Wow time is flying! We are down to 4 days till Christmas now! All of the gifts are bought, the ones I needed to mail I mailed on Monday and Tuesday. We bought the fixin's for our Christmas dinner this morning. Everything right down the list is checked off. All that is left is the wrapping! Yikes! That will be fun. That will happen Christmas Eve after the girls are asleep though. I still need to get in the attic and locate their Christmas PJ's so I can get them wrapped before Christmas Eve. I have gotten gift cards from my sister and money from my BIL that I will go pick the girls some stuff with to open on Christmas Eve. Who knows when that will happen though since they are both out of school now.

Both the girls school parties went well. Kaylee had a typical party that was fun. Mykenzie had a Christmas brunch that we brought a ton of muffins for (and had a bunch left over). She got to have something fun everyday the whole week so she was loving going to school. Both girls made us gifts that are waiting under the tree for Christmas morning. I love getting school gifts! They are always my favorite things. I really love when they make ornaments especially cause they are fun to look at every year when we put them on the tree. I have no idea what they made this year but I am sure we will love them.

Tomorrow is our girl scouts party/ceremony. My first time being a part of a ceremony. I generally get an award at the end of each year, but this time I have a part in it, its different. We (all of the leaders) got together Friday night and it continued Saturday morning to make shirts for all the girls. They turned out really cute I must say. Took us over 6 hours to get them all done but I think that they will really like them. That is their Christmas gift from us leaders. We are excited that they will all have matching shirts for field trips now!

We tried to go to the live nativity at the church by our house last night but it started lightening so they had to pull everyone inside and we only got to see the animals. They had camels though so that was cool. Hopefully we will make it to Opryland hotel to see the lights. I wanted to go tonight but that doesn't seem like it is going to happen. Oh well. I am slowly changing my mind as I type and I think I may start wrapping gifts tonight. I guess I need to get off this blog and get busy making dinner so we can bake cookies and get the girls in bed early enough to start wrapping tonight.

No comments: