My children were out of bed at 5:30AM Christmas morning! That is very early. Oh goodness that is early. We had a few snafus, like my video camera wont work, but mostly everything went great. The girls all loved their gifts! Mykenzie got a Nintendo DS, a digital camera, a few DS games, a few Wii games, some board games and a bunch of littlest pet shop toys. Kaylee basically got My Little Pony everything, ponies, playsets, coloring pages, toothbrush, movies ect... all My Little Pony. She did get a Tinkerbell bike though. Her BIG gift was the Fur Real Pony! We got a GREAT deal on it and paid no where near the typical $300 price tag! Kaylee loves it and Mykenize has enjoyed it as well. The weight limit is 80 pounds so she can sit on it and "ride" her too, well unless Kaylee pushes her off, which has only happened once so far. lol
Travis got me the 8GB Ipod Nano in blue :) Mykenzie got the Ipod shuffle from her uncle and it is blue also so she thinks its cool that ours match. I also got a couple of shirts, some cute socks, the tape thingy to play the Ipod in my car and the perfume I have been wanting for a couple of years. From other people I picked up some cash, a couple gift cards and some new towels.
Kaylee made us a plate and a little nativity at school. Mykenzie made some gingerbread ornaments, and some sun catchers for us at her school. They are all very cute :)
Christmas Eve we did make it to see Santa as you can see by the photo below. We made some chocolate carmel cookies (so yummy!!) and we attempted to make our gingerbread house. While mixing the icing for it the motor in my mixer burnt out, smoke and all. So I couldn't finish mixing it and the icing was like putty. We tried to still put it together but it was just not happening so we ended up just pitching it. I am thinking this is our last attempt, at least for a while, at making a gingerbread house. It is not worth it. The kids just want to eat the candy anyhow. We opened gifts from other people too. I have photos below of the girls with everything they got except for the stuff from my dad. It was the first thing they opened so I guess I just didn't get ready in time? Who knows. Trust me I really wish I had a picture.
So now what? lol Now Christmas is over. All the prep for one day and then just like that it is over. Travis took all the outside lights down today. I only kinda want to take down my inside stuff. I really enjoy having it out and looking at it but I have some switch in me that is like the minute Christmas is done I am ready for spring. I know it doesn't work like that but my brain goes there. It isn't even the new year yet! lol
Speaking of the new year, time to start thinking of resolutions. Hmm. I have a couple in mind. One of the ones I made last year I didn't do. It was to get all of my VHS home movies and all the video camera mini tapes all burned to cd. It didn't happen. Now my stupid video camera is BROKE and I don't know how I am going to get the footage from my mini tapes onto DVD :( Everything since Kaylee was born is on the mini tapes! If anyone has a video camera that takes the mini tapes, smaller than a cassette tape but just about as skinny (Mini DV, DVM60) that I could borrow so I can burn the stuff to DVD I would love you forever! I don't know how many other resolutions I broke last year but I plan to go back and look what I had planned. That is for another post.
I hope that all my friends and family had a wonderful Christmas! May it continue into the new year!! I love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment