I realized today that I haven't updated this blog about what the girls are up to these days and I think it is high time soooo
Mykenzie is still loving girl scouts and just got finshed with her cookie sales. She ended up selling 114 boxes this year. We decided not to go door to door in our neighborhood this time because it was too cold and too much of a hassle. We sold to family and friends instead so thank you all who bought. Now we are on the task of delivering all of them.
She seems to be enjoying going to school alot more lately. She still isn't getting the grades I think she deserves in Math but is doing well in everything else. She got an I for improving in Math. I think she does pretty well. The only time she ever gets anything wrong is when she isn't paying attention and doesn't read a story problem right or she just skips over it completely and forgets to go back to it. She comes home with math homework every night and she does it and I check it. If she got any wrong I explain how she has to do it and SURPRISE she gets it. I don't think her teacher teaches her in a way that she can understand. I am ready for this year to be over with I swear!! They are currently working on borrowing while subtracting 2 digit numbers. She brought it home on her homework 1 night and had no clue how to do it. I explained it and gave some examples and she had it that night. The next day I get a looooong drawn out explanation to how she teaches borrowing (now known as regrouping) Well mykenzie doesn't need to do it her way she can do it fine. Of course we get a note explaining how she teaches 1 of the things that she picks up in 2 minutes, but when I send in notes specifically asking her how she does something I get no response. Did I mention I am ready for this year to be over??
Mykenzie has struggled with reading in the past. I am sure it has something to do with my lack of patience and my frustration with it. She really hated reading though and acted like it was torture. I have noticed that she was reading more and more at bedtime but I thought it was just because she was avoiding going to sleep. Much to my surprise this morning she was laying in bed reading after she woke up. And at chapter book at that! Normally she wakes up about a half hour before I get up and she goes into the loft and watches cartoons. She kept reading it all through the morning and even said, mom I love chapeter books!!!! I am so glad that she is starting to find a love for books and reading.
We have been going to church for the past 5 months with some friends and where Kaylee has always loved going and is excited about it Mykenzie has not. She has had plenty of days where she hasn't come with us because she doesn't want to go. I am not going to force religion on her so I don't make her join us. Well the past 3 weeks she has been really excited about it. I didn't let her go a couple of Sundays ago because I wasn't going to go and last minute decided to go and didn't have enough time to get them ready and she was really mad. But yesterday the whole drive she was talking about how excited she was and she practically ran to get to her class. I don't have a clue what gave her this change of heart, she just keeps on surprising me. She is growing up so fast and changing and maturing everyday.
Kaylee woke up this morning and was sleepy and whiny until we came downstairs and I was getting them breakfast and she proceeded to throw up. I caught it just in time with the trash can. A few minutes ago I wasn't that lucky and she threw up all over the kitchen. I mean all over. So apparently she isn't going to be eating today. She only had 2 saltine crackers and a small glass of juice mixed with water. poor kiddo. She is laying on the couch with me watching cartoons now. She wants food so bad and can't understand why I wont feed her :(
She is doing really well at school. She has only had 3 yellow lights all year long and only 1 of those was once she got her new teacher who can actually handle a class of 3 year olds. I am so glad she got a new teacher!! She has learned so much! She can recognize her name. She can't spell it yet but knows it starts with a K and ends with 2 E's. She knows all of her letters and most of their sounds. She also knows her numbers. They are currently practicing tracing and cutting with scissors. She does really well with tracing. It took Mykenzie much longer to grasp the fine motor skills but Kaylee has them down pretty well. I haven't seen her use scissors yet so I don't know how well she is doing with that. I didn't know where our kid scissors were so we haven't done it at home but much to my dismay she found them on Saturday. Apparently they were in the pencil holder on the desk. She found them and proceeded to cut her hair. She didn't cut a ton but she cut some of her front pieces about chin length. She is frustrated with her bangs these days and doesn't want them any more so we were going to grow them out anyhow which means we would have had to get some layers put in her hair soon, she was just getting a head start! lol
She has a friend at school named Addison. They are so cute playing together, and she named her baby that she got for Christmas after her. I asked her the other day when we were getting ready for school if she wanted her hair in a pony tail and she said, "Um, no. Addison doesn't like ponytails" When we got to school that day Addison's mom told me that she had gotten up that morning and requested that her hair be done like Kaylee's! LOL 3 years old and they are already worried about impressing their friends with their hair! too funny I think that is the reason she wants to get rid of her bangs too, cause Addison doesn't have any! lol
Last night I read Kaylee her current favorite book, Dora Saves the Mermaid Kingdom. When we were done she took it over to Travis and asked him to read it. He told her he wasn't going to read the same book to go get a different one. Instead she sat beside him and said I will read it to you. He said, good I like that idea. She sat there for a second holding the book like she was going to start reading and then she looked at him and said "but dad, I don't know any of these words" Needless to say he ended up reading her the book. It was too funny. She knows how to work it.
That is it in a nutshell. They have really bad days where all they do is fight and get in trouble but then they have days where they play great together. Seems like they come in spurts but boy I sure hate the days they are fighting!! Overall they are both doing really well and are pretty good kids. I am a lucky girl
3 comments:
Hey,Jacy, we are getting ready for our 10 year class reunion and we need your address. There is a webpage to go to www.tigers98.com to post it on there and if you keep in touch with anyone, pass it on to them too. Thanks, Tiffany.
Wouldn't it be SO fabulous if Mykenzie's teacher decided to start teaching 3rd grade next year so that Mykenzie could be in her class AGAIN?? I know you'd be thrilled ;-)
I hope Kaylee is feeling better now.
Oh my Gosh, I know Jacy would be thrilled if that happened! I can envision the happy dance and cheers now!
I'm glad Kaylee is feeling better too!
I agree, you have two great girls and are quite the lucky girl!
Post a Comment