Thursday, September 06, 2007

Well, don't I feel productive

Today was the first day that Kaylee was in school and I actually came home and did nothing out of the house. I got some exercise in this morning. Oh yeah you heard me right. Now lets just see how long it lasts! lol Then I tackled the stopped up bathroom sink and got it fixed FINALLY! It is so nice not to have the water take forever to drain. I got my bathroom and bedroom looking so nice, I think I let them get so messy just cause it makes me feel so good after I get them looking so pretty. Well, that's my story anyhow! lol I got a bunch of laundry done and put away and I scrubbed the girls bathroom. It is amazing how much you can get done when you aren't interrupted a million times. I kept forgetting she wasn't here though and kept trying to be quiet and I almost didn't go in her room and put her clothes away because I was thinking she was taking a nap! I wish she was in school tomorrow now too so I could finish cleaning my upstairs. I need to get it all done tomorrow anyhow though cause I have big plans of carpet scrubbing this weekend! I am gonna procrastinate a little bit though and take Kaylee to a playdate so she can have some fun.
We had the big dreaded teacher conference today after school to find out why Mykenzie is continuously getting notes home that she isn't getting her work done in class and that she isn't using her "time management" well. I was sick of getting notes so I went in to see what the problem was. She said that Mykenzie is smart and is capable of doing all of the work that is put in front of her and she is fairly convinced that her biggest problem is the kid that was sitting next to her. She moved her yesterday morning away from that particular boy and she had no problems today or yesterday with getting stuff done. The teacher said that she was hoping that Mykenzie would help the boy get a handle on what he was supposed to be doing but the opposite happened and he was making her do things she wasn't supposed to be doing. She also said that she has started to take a better approach to her work and has been asking for help when she needs it and asking what she is missing. So hopefully the conversation I had with her on Tuesday night helped her realize that what was going on was not acceptable and the threat of not being able to be in girl scouts this year I am sure helped a little too. lol But mainly getting her away from this major distraction, I mean boy will help tremendously. So hopefully no more notes home!! I told the teacher that Mykenzie was concerned that she was going to get yelled at if she got out of her seat to ask a question and she said she would make sure that she talked with her about it individually as well as to the class about how that is what she is there for. So that is good and may help someone else in the class as well. I am feeling much better about the situation than I was the other day. She still has some things to work on but they are normal 2nd grade issues so I am not worried. Whew!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

YEAH! I'm so glad you talked to Mykenzie's teacher. Sounds like you guys got a lot of things worked out. I hope that's all that needs to be done.

I am SO not looking forward to school days.

Barbara said...

Way to go on getting so much done!!

I'm glad the teacher conference went well too!! I know that's a load off!!