Monday, September 24, 2007

Me and My Gang....



So the concert was Friday night and I know you are all on the edge of your seats dying to know how it was. Well it was freaking awesome that's how. Did you think I would say anything different! We ate at Chili's before we went and were still sitting there at 7:30, the concert was at 8! lol So after I went in the back to find our waitress so we could pay we high tailed it out of there and only missed a few songs in Jason Aldean's set. He was good too. I really enjoyed dancing like a fool by myself to "Johnny Cash" and "Hicktown"
Then out came Rascal Flatts kicking off the concert with "Me and My Gang" Great way to get us rockin. They had a stage set up in the center of the arena (I want to know where it was last time cause we would have been soooo close to it) and they all sat there and sung songs that weren't released as singles but were on their albums, not the ones I would have chosen but still I like the songs and then they sang one from the upcoming album (in stores tomorrow). The songs are all really good but it was a long stretch of slow. Then Joe Don for some reason played "Somewhere over the Rainbow" on electric guitar. I love the song, it was a pretty cool version, but I really didn't see the point overall and could have done without it. Last time we went he sung "Friends in Low Places" during his "alone time" on stage. Much more interesting. They sang the song "He Ain't the Leavin Kind" off their Me and My Gang album and at the end brought out members of the US Marines. It was really nice. When they finally got to "Stand" it was much harder than I thought. I honestly thought that I had spun the songs to see them in a positive light so I wouldn't get sad at the concert. Well, that didn't happen. To my happiness Chandra was boo hooing right along with me which then made Barbara start too. Who would have thought she'd have been the stong one! lol I am sure there were many people who thought we were insane but that song means alot, what can you do. Jenna was definatley missed but I couldn't help but feel like she was with us!
The concert I went to 2 years ago was better but this one was still awesome! My pictures are awful though. UGG. I guess I should just be happy I got some since I got none last time. After the concert we went and kept the Melting Pot open till all hours of the night, I am sure they were thrilled! lol It was yummy though :) Thanks for a fun night girls! Here are the rest of the Pictures.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Glad you all had a good time. I know it must have been a little sad, but glad you had each other to lean on. Big hugs!!!

chandra said...

I'm crying again just reading your post...geez. Overall it was a great night and so much fun! Now I need to get off my butt and upload my pics.

Amber said...

I'm glad you had fun! I'm tired, but I'll come back & look at your pics tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had fun. Your pics look good. Looks like ya'll had good seats. :)

busymomof3 said...

I heard it was a great concert! I'm so glad you got go and had a great time! You all look gorgeous!!
The new CD is pretty good!

Anonymous said...

It was a blast!!!! I can't help it if I can't dance, I was moving and clapping with you on Hick Town!!! lol "What Hurts The Most" was the song that got me :(

Thanks for a great night! And I did feel that Jenna was with us too.