Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Tuesday Thirteen~ Christmas edition *with photos*

  1.   Traditions:  Travis took Christmas Eve off this year which was great cause we got to do some of our traditions earlier in the day.  We continued our Gingerbread house tradition again this year but made it a gingerbread tree instead.  A tradition I have had since I was little is to make a gingerbread shaped sugar cookie.  Each one in our family had one, which we decorated and then ate on Christmas morning for breakfast.  We have cut out the eating it for breakfast part but the decorating of our own gingerbread man continues.

Mykenzie's gingerbread man

Kaylee's gingerbread man
Travis' gingerbread man

My gingerbread woman~ oh yeah, she is wearing heels

2.  Another tradition we have is to open gifts from family that have been mailed to us on Christmas eve.  It is a way to have the family get together even when we are 500 miles away.  

 These 2 pictures are of them opening the gift from their Grandpa Bolin.  It is a joint gift, babysitting Mama for the Wii.  They were pretty excited :)

3.  Right before bed we set out milk and cookies for Santa and read Twas the Night Before Christmas.  Before we know it Santa comes!



4.  Kaylee woke me up at 2:30 AM to let me know that Santa had come.  Sneaky Santa always leaves a Candy Cane on their bedroom door knobs to let them know he has been there.  After sending her back to bed I woke up again at 4:30 to giggling.  I go into Kaylee's room to find Travis and her chatting.  What!  I sent them both back to bed.  We finally got up about 7 to see what surprises Santa left.

5.  Both girls decided that they wanted American Girl dolls this year.  They decided to use the money their Uncle Mike and Grandma sent this year to buy them.  We ordered them on Tuesday night and Mykenzie's arrived in the mail on Friday (Christmas Eve)  Sadly Kaylee's is on backorder so she will get it mid January.  Gives her something to look forward too.


6.  They both wanted Monster High dolls this year too.  Between the 2 of them I think they have them all.  They have been asking for them since August!!


7.  Buying for Mykenzie this year was easy and hard at the same time.  Easy cause I knew what she wanted.  Hard cause everything she wanted cost a pretty penny.  It isn't the 3D tv she asked for but I think it will do ;)




8.  Kaylee's "big" gift that she wanted this year was a camera.  I'm not sure why exactly.  She does like to take pictures and does so all the time with her DSi or my camera ect.  I guess there has been too many other things to play with that the camera has been lost in the shuffle.  Look at that smile though, I think she will come around and be snapping pics again in no time.



9.  I am a hypocrite.  I know.  It is terrible.  But here we are, my 10 year old child now has her very own cell phone.  Yep.  I told you I was a hypocrite!  I swore she would not have one till she was 12.  In my defense...  It is really more for my benefit.  She goes off with her friends and I have no idea where she is and have no way to get ahold of her.  That is not cool.  The straw that broke the camel's back was when she went off with Grayson (her BFF) and was gone from 3:30 Saturday afternoon and I still hadn't heard from her on Sunday at 5.  Then I found out she was dropped off at the skating rink.  I am very much so not ok with that.  Hence the cell phone.  It is pay as you go and there are limitations on it.  She has not tried to use it yet other than to "test" it out and call me :)  She feels so grown up though!


10.  The girls are not the only ones that got cool new gadgets and toys this year.  The Man got  a Blue Ray player with a few movies (I can't work the damn thing to save my life).  He also got an iPad.  A pretty good day for him I'd say, especially since this year his stuff was actually a surprise, which is a small gift to me as well cause I never get to surprise him cause he can alway seem to figure his gifts out. 

11.  With our Christmas money we got a surround sound thingy for the living room.  (yeah, I can't work that either)  The Man is enjoying it though and for the past 2 nights we have watched movies using it and it makes him happy.

12.  What you want to know what I got for Christmas too?  Well I'm not going to lie, I feel kinda spoiled.  I totally LOVE my gifts though.  

 This my friends is my new camera.  I L. O. V. E.  love it!  I have a LOT to learn but right now I am happy and in love in auto focus!  It is so pretty!!  

This was my surprise.  I picked out my camera but didn't know I was getting this...
 Oh yeah!  It is a saw.  It is a saw that seems to be able to do anything.  January 10th it will be getting a workout as I have a project I have been putting off.  This is the perfect thing to get me motivated!  It's called a Blade Runner, google it :)
13.  I just went though a lot of stress and a call to customer support to get the photos taken with my new camera onto this computer...  what I should have been doing... cleaning my house, doing laundry, showering, making dinner, ect.  Instead all I did today was a project (see tomorrow's post), play with my camera, and this blog post.  Travis will be thrilled when he gets home tonight.  Ok, it doesn't look this bad anymore... but it isn't good either ;) 

2 comments:

Monica said...

Looks like a very Merry Christmas! Funny about the saw. I was watching an infomercial last night and I think this was the same one :)

Jacy said...

LOL Monica, he got it from an infomercial!