Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Sewing project

Yeah.  I know right?  A sewing project?  Well before you get too excited, no I did not learn how to use my sewing machine.  I tried.  I tried and tried, then right before I threw the damn thing out the window, I gave up.  Decided to hand sew instead since no one would be able to see the seams anyhow.

I searched online to find a cute camera bag for the new camera.  Um, yeah.  They are $100+  I almost broke down and ordered a cute one from a lady on etsy until I read the fine print that she wouldn't be making any of her orders until mid February.... whatever!  I am not leaving my camera stuck in the box till then.  I decided to take matters into my own hands for now.  I pulled out an old purse from the closet and went to town.  I just so happen to have material (that I technically bought to make some pillows for my bedroom) and some foam (that I technically bought for a baby doll bed mattress that I am planning to make in the future) so I made my own darn camera bag!


Old purse...

 Inside (wish it zipped shut but will do for now)


 Padded bottom and sides


 Padded spacers
 drawstring bag


To hold my second lens


The inside of my purse now.  There is still space to throw in my wallet and cell phone to just use one bag when needed :)  

5 comments:

Monica said...

sweet! Hey, I think those camera straps on etsy are so cute. Have you seen them? I would like to try and make some!

LoriSmith said...

Great Job! Love it!

chandra said...

It looks so cute! Why weren't you carrying it yesterday? My blurry cell phone pic of your daughter doesn't do her justice...lol.

Anonymous said...

So cute!

Jacy said...

@ Monica, I am debating if I want to try and make one or order from Etsy. I will have one somehow though :)

@ Chandra, yeah I was in a total rush and didn't think about grabbing it

Thanks ladies :)