1. FOUR days till Christmas! I'm done with everything stressful, so now we are just enjoying all of the fun this time of year brings.
2. I am starting to come up with some new year's resolutions... I think I have seen them on my list before?
3. Knock on wood... I have not been sick (for the most part) since last Thursday. I am remembering to take my medicine and will hopefully continue.
4. My second round of handmade gifts were handed out last night (the first being countdown blocks over Thanksgiving) and they were a hit! Yay for handmade gifts people love!!
5. Despite the fact that Mykenzie is getting some pricey gifts this year, I am feeling good about Kaylee's stash. Thought I'd have guilt, but I am good this year.
6. My husband will NOT stop hounding me about what his gift this year is. It is killing him cause I have had my poker face on and for once he really has no idea what he is getting. I think this is the first year that will be a total surprise for him!
7. Speaking of poker, Travis hosted what I am sure will be the first of many poker games on Friday. From what I hear a good time was had by all, and Travis won some $$! I high tailed it out of here and spent the night with my kids over at Chandra's. Too much man in my house for me, I had to go
8. Basketball is still going. They split the team into 2 teams that alternate quarters. The first quarter Mykenzie plays she acts like she is just there to watch and has no clue how to do anything involving basketball. The second period she plays she actually plays. She does good on defense, and this last game she even took the ball up the court and did really well keeping ahold of it and passing it. Maybe there is hope she will get better?
9. We had a really busy weekend! Friday was a half day of school. We had our annual Christmas playdate at Stacies, which is always a lot of fun. This year Santa was in the hospital and couldn't make it to hand out the gifts so he sent his elves to drop them off. Say a prayer for Mr. Mears he is a really good man and a fantastic Santa.
10. Continuing with the weekend events, Friday night was the poker game mentioned above and the corresponding sleepover. Saturday morning was basketball. Saturday night was an ornament exchange at Tanya S' for the moms group I used to be a part of. It was definitely strange being around some of the people with who I did not end our friendships on good terms, but it was really good to hang out with some of the people I hadn't seen in a while that I actually do like. I had to cut out early to go celebrate Sylvia's 40th birthday. It was so much fun! I am really glad they included me in the celebration. I would have to agree with everyone else there that night, she doesn't look a day over 49 ;-)
Sunday night was Travis' work party... I wouldn't go as far as to say it was fun, but it was a good time. We had some laughs and ate some really yummy food. I will be returning to that place, even though the service sucked.
11. My dear friend Amy will not be coming to my house the week after Christmas like we had planned. I'm bummed but understand. Not sure what we are going to do for New Years now. I have a sitter though if anyone has any ideas!
12. I pulled a pair of jeans from my drawer today. I am getting pretty low so it was a pair down from the depths. I tried to put them on... they were a size 4! Ha! Time to get those bad boys out of the drawer cause that ain't happening. Ahh, sweet memories
13. I need to get off the computer and get ready for my day! We have to be at Chandra's in a bit for cookie decorating with friends. Then we need to come home and prepare for Mykenzie's sleepover tonight. She even put it on her Christmas list to Santa, she wanted a Christmas sleepover. Who knew when I did it last year it would become an annual event. At least I can talk her into 3 people for a sleepover at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment