Monday, December 27, 2010

Makin' It Monday

Christmas post will be coming soon.  Hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas weekend!  Our family had a wonderful Christmas!  Have pics to share tomorrow.  Today is Monday though so I want to throw up a makin' it post.  Back in June I redecorated Mykenzie's bedroom.  A big part of the room for me was a new desk.  I had a really hard time finding one I wanted since I had something specific in mind.  Since I wasn't driving to Virginia this year I couldn't steal the one my mom has in her house.  I had to make due.  A guy Travis works with had this one

 Naturally I hated it.  It is awful!  Beggars can't be choosers though right?  I mean it was free after all and I couldn't find what I what I wanted so I chopped.  I wacked off the hutch to start.  Took off the door.  Sanded,puttied, primed and painted.  I built 2 drawers using my table saw and nail gun/air compressor.  Replaced the hardware... and presto chango...
Mykenzie has a new desk for her room.  It is not perfect but not too bad for my first go at "building" something.  I'm happy with it and feelin' mighty proud still 6 months later :)
More to come from Mykenzie's room makeover in another post!  Stay tuned

1 comment:

Beth G. said...

Jacy you are amazing! You really need to start selling the crafts and different things you make. Everything always looks so nice! I bet you could make a ton of money!!