Saturday, January 01, 2011

1.1.11

The date makes it seem like it is a new beginning this new year.  We are starting back at one.  I for one am looking forward to the new year.  2010 has been a total roller coaster ride!  We have has some wonderful things come about this year but there were a lot of difficult decisions made and then of course the ups and downs with my father inlaw's health.  The new year is not going to start well for our family as my FIL is home again from another trip to the hospital where he has been since Christmas Eve, unfortunately he is not home alone, today hospice is there too.  The doctors are saying he has less than a month left here with us on earth.  This time will be difficult for our family.  Travis has accepted the situation and knows its coming but it will still be really hard.  No matter what you do or think I don't think anything can prepare a person for this.

We are hoping that since the year is gonna start really bad that it only can get better from there.  I would think that would be the worst thing that happens all year (knock on wood)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We rang in the new year last night with new friends.  We had a really good time, it was the only time that we have been in town for New Year's Eve and away from the girls.  They love their babysitter though and had fun partying with her and probably getting away with much more than they would have with us.

Every year we make them and every year we break them but here is my list of resolutions for the year 2011

*  Take my medicine EVERY day.  I am going to do everything I can not to get sick again cause it sucks

*  Learn my camera.  I'm not going to be a pro photog but I want to be able to adjust it to get my school gym pics

*  Home Improvement projects.  I have a list of stuff I want to get done around this house.

*  Have some Ana White building days.  She has some cute things and I am gonna build them

*  Get the scrapbooks caught up

*  Figure out the damn sewing machine

*  Meet with a school advisor and make a plan

*  Set up an Etsy store with Chandra

*  Work a few craft shows

*  Build on my current relationships

*  Get a cleaning schedule going so it isn't so much work all at once

*  Finish transferring VHS to DVD's

*  Scan old photo's to hard drive and disks

There are definitely some repeats on this list, but I am going to do them.  This is my year.  Maybe with all this work I will lose a few inches off my ass too ;)

No comments: