1. My kids have been in school 5 of the past 39 days. Granted some of those days are weekends, but with Christmas break beginning at 11:30am on December 17th, we were out of town the week of Jan 10th when they were to go back to school, Jan 17th was MLK day so no school and the 21st a snow day! Wow. I would have loved to have had this amount of time off when I was a kid.
2. During all that time (including when we were out of town for over a week) they only missed 2 days of school due to snow days the week we were gone. This makes Mykenzie VERY happy because she didn't have a ton of make up homework to do.
3. If you haven't gathered from the above posts, we have had a lot of snow here! After the snow we have here already this year and the snow from our Ohio trip, my kids have seen more snow in the past couple of weeks than they have in their entire lives!
4. Our water heater broke... joy. Good news, we went and bought a new one and Travis put it in himself. Saved us a bundle!
5. Finally bought something I have been wanting... This means it is project time! Stay tuned ;)
6. Mykenzie's last basketball game was this weekend. She played great! She hustled for the ball. Was on top of her girls while on defense, grabbed a rebound, stole a ball to run it down the court, and took 3 shots. So happy that she finally seemed to be in the game! After that game I am sad to see it end, if it kept going she could continue to get better. I am going to find her a basketball camp for this summer
7. Kaylee has decided to play soccer. Haven't signed her up yet, it will be interesting.
8. Both of the girls have new friends. They are there own little look alike American Girl dolls. They carry them around and brush their hair and love them to pieces. Hope it continues and they don't just end up as one of the toys they beg for, play with for a week and then forget about.
9. I am currently doing a secret sister with some friends of mine. This is something like the 4th year I have done it. I seriously love it! I love the thrill of running up to my sister's house, hoping that I don't get caught to leave her something that I know will make her smile. I love opening my mailbox and finding a little something other than bills waiting for me. Knowing someone is thinking about you can turn your whole day around.
10. I haven't read a book since October. I need to make that happen. Problem is I need to find one that I am really excited about reading. Once that happens I will get back in the groove. I guess that means I am looking for some suggestions.
11. I have BIG plans for this week. I have that project I mentioned in #5 that will take a lot of time but I also have several other things on my list as well. Lets just say my new saw will get a workout this week! yay! I'm so excited. Everything works so much better in my head so hopefully it all turns out in real life! One thing that I wanted to do was repaint my pantry shelves and poly them, got that done. So nice to have one thing checked off my mile long list of home projects.
12. My fantastic friend Chandra got my sewing machine to work! Hopefully I can use it a couple of times before I manage to break it again ;) I have some plans to give that thing a workout too
13. Kaylee was Good Citizen for this past 9 weeks!! She is so excited. She is still so innocent and filled with wonder and joy over everything. I will be so sad when that goes away. Mykenzie was also acknowledged for not getting any checks again this 9 weeks and is once again in the no check club. Both girls did great on their report cards too. We are so lucky to have these girls, and we are so proud of them both!



No comments:
Post a Comment