I have tried to ignore it.
I have tried to deny it.
I have tried to reject it.
I have tried to completely tune it out.
It hasn't worked.
I can no longer ignore, deny, reject or tune it out.
I am surrendering.
I am embracing the facts.
Christmas is coming!
That's right folks it will be here in just, drum roll please, 44 days!
Do you remember a couple of years ago? Go back and look. It is recorded in this blog. I used to start counting down in August! Now here we are weeks from Thanksgiving and my countdown has just begun. I don't know why I resisted it so much this year. I guess life has just been so crazy the past several months that I feel like time is moving too fast? I am done now and I am seriously surrendering to the Christmas season. After hosting a fabulous craft day this past weekend with some of the best ladies I know making Christmas gifts and crafts, I am officially in the mood. So without further ado, I am putting up my Christmas decorations this weekend! Yay me! I am so excited suddenly to bust out my Christmas lights and have my entire house glowing with white lights. I love fall, love it. Here in Tennessee we don't seem to get much of one so may as well just jump head first into the Christmas season. Bring on the Christmas TV specials, the 24 hour a day Christmas music on the radio, the lights, the decorations, the cookies, the smells, and most importantly the wonderful feeling that the Christmas season always puts in my heart. I have surrendered to the Christmas season and am left wondering why I fought it so hard to begin with. Won't you surrender with me?
2 comments:
Caught the Christmas spirit, have you? :)
I'm not ready to pull out the decorations yet, but the lists have begun. You might need to make an extra Christmas Countdown block or two, so you can pull them out in August next year.
Post a Comment