Whew! What a week. We left around 1 on Tuesday and drove to Ohio to have a family Thanksgiving with Travis' dad. Luckily since Travis had to be back to work by Friday everyone agreed to celebrate a day early. His brother and sister and their families came to his dad Anthony's house and we hung out and had a great dinner. It was nice since we have never been home for Thanksgiving. My sister and kiddos came over earlier in the day so I got to spend a couple of hours with them too. Crazy how much the kids change in just a couple of months.
We ended up leaving to come home around noon on Thanksgiving day, and got a few funny looks at subway and mcdonalds when we stopped for food. Luckily we weren't the only ones there.
Black Friday shopping overnight didn't work out this year so we went during the day instead. I have to say we got everything we went out for! I was shocked that we were able to find the things on the lists. I love that I have someone who wants to brave the madness with me! We have a great time. Thanks to her hubby for watching my kiddos while we went since Travis had to work. I think I owe you for that one :)
Today, I decided that because we had Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday, in Ohio... and I couldn't have leftovers, that I needed to have another Thanksgiving. I made a turkey breast and all the fixin's again so we could have a bit more. I really needed my leftovers! lol
Now that Thanksgiving is over the Christmas season is in full swing. Ready or not here it comes!
No comments:
Post a Comment