Wow! I can't believe I went from blogging daily to never blogging!
So much has happened. I am not going to be a nurse... no idea what I am going to do with my life, and quite frankly it makes me sick to think about it so, yeah, moving on..
Mykenzie, despite having a rocky start to 5th grade has come back strong. She got all A's except one on her report card. She was the ONLY kid in her class that did not have a single check in her whole class for the first 9 weeks of school and got to attend a party for it. She got good citizen for the first 9 weeks, and this is the first year it wasn't given by the luck of the draw. Her teacher picks the students she wants to have it, not draw a name out of a hat, like her teachers of the past. She gets to have pizza with her teacher at Cici's for her good behavior. Her class voted for her to represent them in the student council (and she did not ask for it, they just picked her). At the conference with her teacher, she told me that Mykenzie is liked a lot by everyone in the class. That she is really smart but doesn't act like she is better than everyone else "like most kids like her seem to do" Can we say proud mommy?
In other Mykenzie news, she is starting to play basketball. She tried out for the school team. We thought in the 5th grade they would teach them fundamentals... um no. These girls already know how to play the game well. Soooo, she didn't make the team, but we put her in a private league so she can learn the game. Her first practice is this Thursday. She seems to be excited. I really hope she enjoys it.
Kaylee is doing really well in school too. She just read Olivia Starts A Band pretty much all by herself. I had to help with maybe 5 words. I am so excited! She is reading much better than Mykenzie was at this age. She is little miss popularity, and can't seem to walk down the hall without stopping to give several hugs along the way. If we could get the whining under control I would be even more happy :)
While our kids seem to rule our (well my) schedule these days, Travis and I are making time to enjoy ourselves too. We have been going out with friends often, both separately and together. I think we are both enjoying some new freedoms.
We got to take a walk through our past last month. We took a vacation to Charleston, SC. I love, love, love it there. I forgot how much I loved it. We started with a quick trip through our old neighborhood in Columbia to show Kaylee her first house. While in Charleston we detoured to Summerville and showed Mykenzie her first home, my oh my we have come a long way in 10 years :) We enjoyed the beach, the cobblestone streets, and good times with old friends while we were there. We wont be waiting so long before visiting again.
In my absence from blogging we have had some really hard times to get through, but we did. We have had some wonderful things happen. We have made some fantastic memories. We have laughed and had fun with our fabulous friends. We have tried new things, and pushed ourselves out of our comfort zones. We have lived our lives and are thriving. We are healthy. We are happy. Life. Is. Good.
1 comment:
Yay! A new post. Loved your last paragraph. You made me tear up for you...lol.
Post a Comment