Tuesday, February 10, 2009

"We're gonna have to check with the general manager on that ma'am"

I had a girl scout project planned out for last nights meeting. And by planned out I mean I knew for a month (probably 2) what we would be doing but the procrastinator that I am didn't have any of the stuff actually ready for the meeting. Fast forward to 4:30 yesterday afternoon just 1 hour before we have to leave for the meeting and see me scrambling around the house getting everything ready trying to make the things the girls would be making so they could see the final project ect. Then I realize that I never went and got those straws I have known for a month I would be needing for this project. DANG IT! So I decide that on the way to the meeting I am going to go through the McDonalds drive thru and convince them to give me the straws rather than me going in with both kids and teaching them to steal straws from McDonalds. Here is the conversation that took place at the pick up window.....

Me: Is there any way you would be willing to donate 20 straws for a project for a local girl scout troop or that I could just buy 20 straws from you?

Girl: Ummm. Let me go ask

The manager is right behind her so she turns around and has a 2 minute discussion with him right in front of the window rather that him just speaking to me directly all the while we are holding up the drive thru line at 5:45 pm..... you know fast food rush hour.

Girl: Yeah I just spoke to the manager and he said for us to be able to make a donation we would have to get in contact with our general manager and check with him.

Me: You have got to be kidding me! That is the craziest thing I have ever heard!

Girl with a sympathetic look: I'm sorry

Me: Look. I am not asking you for 20 boxes of straws I am simply asking you for 20 straws. In reality all I have to do is park my car walk in there and take 20 straws off of your counter or you could make my life easier and just hand me 20 straws. I mean come on it is 20 straws.

The manager is still standing there the whole time this conversation transpires. With a very distressed look on his face as though he felt as if his job could possibly be in jeopardy finally gets a bag and tells her to go ahead.

Seriously you would think I was asking for all the money in the cash register with the reaction I got over 20STRAWS!!!! Ey yi yi

Moral of the story. If you ever need McDonalds straws for something leave the kids at home and just walk in and take them off the counter. Yes I am telling you to steal. If it makes you happy leave them a quarter on the counter to cover enough for them to buy back those 20 plus an extra 1000! For petes sake!

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Note to self, buy a bag of straws!!!!! I'm sure the girls will be doing whatever y'all were doing soon!

Funny Story!!

Riki said...

Too crazy!! Glad you convinced them buut what drama for 20 straws!!