Friday, February 06, 2009

This could be a record!

I haven't really posted anything in a while. Sure I did my shame on you post but does that really count? Life has been pretty quiet around here the past couple of weeks both by choice and not. Last week I was really sick, I imagine that most of the people that have permission to read this blog already know that I have Inflammatory Bowel Disease(IBD), I call it old man disease. While most of the time I consider myself in "remission" every now and then it rears its ugly head and knocks me on my ass for awhile. I was out for over a week pretty much laying on my couch sick with a few good hours here and there thrown in to trick me into thinking I was better only to be knocked back down on my ass. Anyhow, while I am no longer saying that I feel better cause every time I do I end up sick again, I will say I am no longer couch bound and am able to actually leave my house without panicking. This started Monday afternoon. So I have run a few errands this week but mostly have chosen to stay put. I haven't crafted other than making a couple more bean balls yesterday to fill up the apothecary jar and helping a friend make a tutu. I have my next one planned and the stuff to do it but I haven't gotten around to it. I have to do the girls valentines day boxes for school first.

The girls are doing really good. Mykenzie got her 2nd report card for the year a week or 2 ago and got straight A's for the first time!! 4.0 Baby! She brought her reading grade up from a B which I was sure she would do since she hated reading until the end of the last grading period, now she loves it and reads more than she ever has and has found some books she really enjoys and is reading above her grade level. This is big because before she really hated reading and would get books that were way under her skill level just to take the easy way out. Last night she was reading a 4.2 (fourth grade second month) level. I realize that it isn't how some people are saying oh "Johnny is reading 2 grade levels above where he should be" but it thrills me to no end. This is such a huge improvement to have her actually choosing books she should be reading. I have no doubt that she can read at an even higher level and she will get there soon. I am just so happy she finally loves to read!!

The upcoming weeks are going to be pretty busy. Not insane but I have alot going on this month. Between Mykenzie's dental stuff and girl scouts and both girls have school things and add in Valentines Day,2 no school days and 2 MNO this month is going to seriously fly by. At least most of it is fun stuff though ;)

1 comment:

Barbara said...

I'm glad you're not couch bound anymore! I hate that you have to deal with Old Man's Disease. As Breanna says "I hope they find a cure"!! Hugs!!

Go Mykenzie!!!! I'm glad she loves to read now!! Way to go on Straight A's too!!