Monday, September 01, 2008

Long Labor Day Weekend/Making Plans

We managed to do a few fun things for the girls and a fun thing for us this weekend. Yesterday we went to the pool, played out side and made snow cones for the girls. Today we went to Home Depot and ordered carpet for our entire upstairs for us!! Yay!! We have builders carpet in the entire upstairs (hardwood all downstairs for those who have never been here) and it is crap! The house is 6 years old now so you can imagine. The only place I really care about is the steps, oh they are soooo bad! They are nasty in a week of cleaning because the dirt is so down in there and the carpet is crap. I don't know what got into Travis but he decided to go buy carpet today, we haven't talked about getting new carpet for quite some time now. I have learned to jump on stuff when he is in the mood! lol They will be coming to measure on Friday at some point and hopefully start installing next week!! Yay!

I have all these new big plans for my loft. The plan at income tax time was to move our plasma upstairs along with all of the game systems and get a new tv downstairs. This way I can have the tv when T gets home from work and wants to sit and game all flipping night. So we are getting rid of all of the furniture up their. For now we will be keeping the love seat and purchasing a black slip cover for it. The armorie (that I hate) will be painted black (this works out wonderfully that we are getting new carpet cause now it won't matter if I get paint on the carpet!) We will be purchasing a new desk (if we move the one we have it will fall apart, no joking, can we say blue light special?) and hopefully a flat monitor (we have a dinosaur monitor) I am putting new pics on the wall and we will be doing a whole black, white and red theme! I am super excited about it! I don't have a clue why I haven't thought of this in the past. About a year ago I was talking about loving those colors together but could only think of how to do it in the kitchen! MORON! My Loft is painted RED! We want to get either a new couch or a couple of chairs (think black club chairs) but those will come later, I still don't have my end table for my living room for pete's sake! I am in the mood to shop and accessorize my house! I was telling that to Travis today and he was like, what do you want to buy, where do you want to go and I didn't have answers to those questions! I just want to buy stuff! lol
This is starting early this year, I usually don't catch this bug until the end of October thru February. So many things to buy, with so little budget. I guess I should check out good will for some good deals and refab some stuff myself. I have been looking at too many crafty blogs these days. Wish me luck ya'll, I am gonna need it!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

How fun that you guys are re-decorating. Take lots of pics, I bet it will turn out great!

Barbara said...

Sounds like y'all had some fun! And I can't wait to see the new changes that you make in the loft! It will be so pretty! I love the color scheme!