Kaylee had her first trip to the Emergency Room tonight. We were trying to get the loft ready for our carpet install tomorrow and somehow she fell off the couch. On the way down she managed to hit her little eye on the corner of the metal filing cabinet. We debated for a minute but then decided she definitely needed to go to the hospital. So Kaylee and I headed out and Travis calmed down a freaking out Mykenzie and put her to bed. We were there for about an hour and a half but it felt like they got to us pretty quickly which was nice. She ended up just needing some Dermabond instead of stitches because of the length of the gash. Plus location made that the better option. So she thinks it is kinda funny that they glued her eye together. She was an excellent patient. She always does really well in doctor situations. You wouldn't think she would with all the drama she normally has, but she is. Never even flinches when she gets a shot. She was excellent. Poor kiddo, I am hoping that her eye isn't too swollen when she wakes up in the morning. This was the 3rd trip to a doctor this week. Hopefully we are done for a bit now. I joked with the doctor about how in 8 years of being a parent this has been my very first ER visit for one of my kids which is pretty impressive, however, I doubt it will be her last.

6 comments:
Hope it heals quick. Poor babe!
Poor Kaylee!
OMG Poor Kaylee!!!! Glad no stiches were needed. What a big girl!
Poor girl!! Glad she's such a trooper. You're right, you're very lucky this was your first ER trip.
Poor Kaylee! Glad she got dermabond instead of stitches and I hope she's feeling better!
I'm glad she is such a trooper in the medical situations! Yay for no stitches!
Post a Comment