Monday, September 08, 2008
Girl Scout camp!
We had a great time! We did a horse program where we got to groom horses which was really cool. I had a favorite horse who's name was Bonnie. She was so sweet. We went hiking and walked across a long swinging bridge. Camp was different this time because there were several cabins instead of one big one. I had five girls, of course the loud girls (well only 2 really) but it was fun. The cabins only had screened windows and door so it got COLD at night. I am glad we knew ahead of time that it was going to get into the 50's so Mykenzie and I at least brought warm clothes to wear, some of the girls only had shorts and tank tops though. Next time I will grab a couple extra sweat shirts or something in case it happens again. We didn't have any appliances this time, which was new to us. We had some trouble getting our fire started because it had been raining the day before and the wood was wet but we got it going and roasted hot dogs and made smores and it all worked out, just took a little longer than we would have liked. All in all it was a pretty good trip.
5 comments:
Glad it went well!!! Sounds awesome expect for the drive and chilly night!! Love the pics!
I am glad that you guys had such a good time :)
Sounds like fun! Is it cookie time again yet?? LOL!
I'm glad it was a good trip! Wow, no appliances! You guys did good making fire with damp wood!!
The pictures are good!!
ah how fun!! i remember going to girl scout camp when i was little...
Post a Comment