Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Memory

It is so strange how the mind works. I can remember the dumbest things but can't remember the name of someone who introduced themselves minutes before or details of last week. I can remember that Rachel told Mrs. McCoy in 3rd grade that Chris and Jimsey were in the closet kissing! WTH? I am afraid that Mykenzie has gotten my memory. Today at the grocery store she ran into a girl that was in her class last year. This means she saw her everyday of the school year and I actually think they were in the same group of desks. While she remembered her and said hi to her, she had no idea what her name was! How is that possible. It wasn't as if they never spoke to each other, they were friends!! A few hours later she tells me, "Mom, I still remember the day we got Maddie." Maddie would be our old dog, AKA the dog from Hell. She goes on to say, "I remember that Dad brought her home in a little box and she was so tiny and cute" OK all of these things are true (the dog from hell was an adorable puppy and she was brought into the house by Travis in a box) Now, all of this took place right before her THIRD birthday! She is 8! There are no pictures of Maddie's arrival to our house. I knew she remembered the dog but I had no idea she remembered the details of the day she came home. Crazy!

2 comments:

chandra said...

Sorry about the memory issues, but more importantly, I love your new background. What site did you find it on? I looked for hours last night for a new, safe site for backgrounds. Apparently my google skills aren't up to par. :)

Amber said...

Hahaha. I'm the same way. I can remember that the Alien and Sedition Acts were passed in 1798 (don't ask me what they actually were, though), but I can't remember when I'm supposed to work tomorrow.