Friday, July 18, 2008

Vacation Bound

So my lists have all been completed, well except for loading the car but I think I am bumping that to Travis' list instead! lol Other than gathering up some electronics to bring (ie pack up my computer and camera stuff) I am done. Bills are paid, money is withdrawn, hair is cut and colored (more on that in a minute) clothes are packed, snacks are bought. That was about it for my list today :) I went to Walgreens to get the girls each a new something to do on the drive, I found Mykenzie and Hannah Montana activity book and Kaylee a huge My Little Pony coloring book. Kaylee about had a heart attack when I handed it to her she was so excited! LOL That girl loves her some My Little Pony stuff!

Now lets talk about my hair.... Oh my gosh it is so much better! Norman fixed me up and brought me back to the blah boring brown world that I am used to and I love. Blond just doesn't work on me... He kept my roots in dark brown so my regrowth wouldn't show like it did this time. Nice to know my stylist recognizes the fact that I am a slacker when it comes to getting in there on time! lol I figure the cut is good, he likes to make my hair curly when I go there so we will have to see what happens when I make it straight or just its natural wave. Over all I am very happy and love it so much more than the last time. I was going to post a picture, but to be honest at this moment it is in a pony tail, yes I suck I can't help it, I am hot. I am sure there will be plenty of pics that I am in from vacation so it will be shown then :)

Have a great week everyone! I may update from the road if I get a chance, since I am going somewhere that actually has, *gulp* Internet! Wireless at that! We are going to Williamsburg to Bush Gardens Monday and Tuesday (I think) and then hanging out at my moms and taking the boat out on the lake.
Hopefully it will be a fun and relaxing trip. We all know that the last trip out there was anything but. For those of you who don't know, Kaylee got lost in the woods for about 20 minutes. She was 23 months old. We were all outside and my mom thought she was me and I though she was with her. Nope. She went through about 20 ft of woods, through a barbed wire fence, across a horse field and into more woods. Where thank God she got trapped in a bush covered in thorns so she couldn't get out because every time she moved she got scratched. It was a miracle she was ok and that we found and it was the single most terrifying day of my entire life. My mom lives in the middle of no where with few neighbors and is surrounded by woods, ponds, streams, ect... She ended up with a big cut on her hand (I assume from the barbed wire fence) and scratches all over her little body. Mind you she was shoe-less and shirt less (she just spilled bubbles down her shirt 5 minutes before and they were getting ready to run through the sprinkler) I ended up with a huge cut on my leg (which later got totally infected) as well as poison ivy all over. Also on this trip both girls got their first (and only, knock on wood) ticks. So lets all say a prayer that this trip is totally uneventful. We simply want to hang out, relax and have fun, no no no drama or disasters!! If we have anything crazy happen again, I am going to consider her house cursed and she will have to visit me from now on!!! Think I am joking?

4 comments:

Barbara said...

I'm glad you love your hair cut/color! I will pray that nothing happens that is not fun and relaxing! Or fun/excciting!

Can't wait for the updates!!

Shannon said...

Glad you got everything done and were able to get away for a break. Here's hoping for a nice relaxing vacation. Glad you like your haircut and color.

Christy Sanford said...

praying for a non eventful trip!! enjoy williamsburg!! my kids had a blast there!!

Riki said...

I thought your hair looked wonderful!!! Have a good vacay!