Sunday, July 27, 2008

Back to Reality!

We are home after a wonderful vacation to Virginia!! We had a great time hanging out with my mom and step-dad. It was really sad to leave them, I so wish they lived closer to us! I am happy to be home. Still trying to put things away and get our lives back to normal, though with every thing we have coming up and school getting ready to start I don't think we will be back to normal for awhile. Here is a run down of our trip, you knew it was coming... lol

Saturday we dropped off Cami in Smyrna and drove our 9+ hour drive to Virginia. It was a surprisingly nice drive (of course I didn't do too much driving thanks to the mountains) We had alot of laughs driving through rural Virginia. Some very small towns though the one that made us laugh the hardest was a town called Horse Pasture. OMG we about peed ourselves! We got there about 7 their time, had some dinner. Took a ride in my mom's sweet little 2 seat sport car and went to bed.

Sunday we got up and headed to the lake. They have a pontoon boat that we took out all day. We fished for a bit. We all got bites but Travis and I didn't reel anything in. The girls by chance were both standing by a pole that got a bite so they each ended up "catching" a catfish. We went swimming for awhile as well. The water was 85 degrees and so nice. It felt so good getting in the water because we were roasting on that boat!! We were out till just before dark and headed back to my moms.

Monday we were out the door by 7:30ish to drive to Williamsburg. We went to Busch Gardens for the day. We got there about 10:30 after stopping for about an hour for breakfast before we got there. We all had a good time. Well maybe not Travis too much since he doesn't like roller coasters at all but I am pretty sure he still enjoyed it. Mykenzie rode 2 roller coasters but that was it for her other than kid rides. My mom and I went on the Griffon (Set amid a French village, Griffon carries riders up 205 feet, then hurtles them 90 degrees straight down at 70 mph. And that’s just the beginning. Click the link and click virtual Griffon) It was freaking sweet!!! However, they take you to the top of this huge ass hill, prepare to drop you at a 90 degree angle but first they litterally dangle you above it before they let you drop, I mean you are looking down, just a hangin there. Yeah, oh hell yeah, there were profanities flying from my mouth about then. Kaylee enjoyed the kids water play area and all the kid rides. We stopped to see a Pirates 4D show. OMG my kids do NOT like anything 3D!! Kaylee ripped her glasses off her face several times but we kept getting her to put them back on. Then the bees came! LOL Kaylee ripped them off her face so fast and screamed as loud as she could, "See Mom! I told you I shouldn't put those glasses back on!!!" It was too stinking funny! She didn't wear them the rest of the time and Mykenzie didn't wear hers at all. We rapped up the day and headed to check out our awesome hotel! After a small mishap and a room change we were set.

However for those of you wondering this would be about the time Kaylee disappeared, so they thought... I was outside on the patio checking out the hotel info, just as I was coming inside I see Travis jump up off the couch and run to the door, he called Kaylee's name and she giggled so my step-dad and I thought he found her. Well um, no. He and my mom and Mykenzie were all out in the hallway searching frantically for her. I walked into one of the bedrooms and said "Kaylee if you are in here it isn't funny, people are looking for you" and sure enough here she came. She was hiding from them in the room by the bed! LMBO! Of course if I thought she was lost it wouldn't have been funny but I heard her laugh so I knew she was in the room. She is a stinker for sure!

Tuesday and Wednesday brought us days of hanging out at the hotel. Not just any hotel, this hotel. It is called the Great Wolf Lodge and it was awesome!! Yes we rode the Howlin' Tornado, over and over and over. Travis is a big chicken and only rode a couple times. Mykenzie just made the height requirement so she rode it about 5 times (the last with my mom and I forcing her to go) My mom and I however couldn't seem to get enough it was so fun! They had a ton of stuff for the kids to do. Mykenzie was happy playing in the treehouse or the wave pool. Kaylee *liked* the kiddie area with small slides until she got a taste of the big slides. There were 3 big slides she could ride with us and she wanted to do them over and over, so of course we did. She also liked the wave pool and we spent alot of time in that as well. They had life jackets for the kids to wear (I so wanted to steal one they were perfect!) so Kaylee learned how to float and swim with a life jacket on in the wave pool. She got really good and does really well, not ready to go sans life jacket yet but we were pretty proud. Mykenzie loved the slides on the treehouse (Kaylee HATED them) and she was doing all kinds of tricks on them. While in line for one of the big slides my mom and I could look down on it and see her going down it was pretty cool. After 2 totally fun and exhausting days there we headed back to my moms house and hung out Wednesday night.

Thursday we got up and went shopping at Walmart to get the girls their own fishing gear and some snacks for the boat and headed back to the lake. My step dad rented a cabin so we were on the lake till about 11 on Thursday night (both girls fell asleep on the boat) no one ever even got a nibble from any kind of fish all stinking day. We pretty much crashed when we got to the cabin. This day was also Travis and my 9 year wedding anniversary! Happy anniversary to us!!

Friday we went back on the boat for more fishing, still caught nothing and Travis and the girls did some swimming. Then we went back to the cabin to get ready for the Canteloupe festival! Oh yeah baby, the canteloupe festival of South Boston, VA! OMG you thought a state fair was bad! Hillbilly city! We got some free food, some yummy canteloupe and other fruit and ice cream. Not to mention that they had all you can drink Miller Light and Mike's Hard Lemonade. We got the tickets for free so we enjoyed it. If I paid $30 a person like everyone else I would have been mad. They had a band playing that was pretty good, just doing covers. Then the headliner came on... Delbert McClintock. WHO??? that is what I said. These people knew right who he was and pilled into the mosh pit at the front of the stage just a singing and dancing away. I never heard of the dude and didn't really care for him either. Of course he was screaming into the microphone and I had a headache so that may have had something to do with it, though I doubt a whole lot. It was fun though. We left during the concert cause we were done with it and went to the cabin and my mom took the girls outside and made smores and chatted for awhile and then we all headed off to bed again.

Saturday morning we left a little after 9 to drive back home and just like that our vacation was over :( It is always nice to come home, or at least sleep in your own bed. I miss my mom though so it was sad too. I wish we could see her more often. I am going to have to stalk my kids when they move out and move where ever they are! lol

That's it. Those are the details of our trip. If you made it this far I am impressed!! This was LONG! I have to write all this stuff down though or it will be out of my head in a week. Seriously I can't remember anything without writing it down. Pictures are still downloading to shutterfly I will add them when they are finished

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Sounds like a really fun trip! Glad no mishaps happened and Kaylee is a cute little stinker. lol I googled Delbert McClintock and have NO idea who you are talking about. Was it heavy metal??? Anyway, glad you had a great time.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds like you guys had a blast. Can I come next time?

I have heard the Wolf Lodges are fantastic!!! My friend pulls up their site at work all the time and tell me I should go..LOL!

Can't wait to see pics.

Christy Sanford said...

wow...you crammed a lot in to a week!!! can't wait to see the pictures...