Monday, April 09, 2007

Routines.. Yeah they work real well

I swear! For at least a year and a half now we have had the same morning pretty much 5 days a week so you would think that they would know what to expect, and by they I mean Mykenzie basically. She gets up, gets dressed, comes into my room to get her hair done, we go downstairs and I get them breakfast, she puts on her shoes, goes upstairs to brush her teeth and comes down puts on a coat and gets her backpack and we leave. This never changes on school days, never. If we are ready by some miracle earlier than what we have to leave then they are allowed to watch some cartoons. WHY in the world does she continue to think that these things are optional or that she has an unlimited amount of time in which to complete them? I have to holler at her to eat & to get her shoes on (which she can NEVER find, no matter how many times, and I mean everyday, she gets in trouble for not putting them away. To the point that she had to miss cheer leading last week cause I handed her the shoes from the middle of the living room and told her to put them away (we have a shoe thing on the back of the closet door) so she threw them on the closet floor and the dog chewed them up. She got them right before vacation and has worn them twice!!!) I just don't understand why she knows exactly what she has to do in the morning but it still requires her getting in trouble before she does any of it. I give her regular time updates, like I'll say "We have to leave in 15 minutes and you still need to finish eating, get your shoes on and brush your teeth" And she still sits there, taking her sweet time. She is absolutely getting on my last few nerves with all of this testing she is doing to me. I suppose she thinks she is old enough to do what she wants and make the rules. If she is doing it at 6 what the hell will this house be like when she is 14!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dear Lord. She is fun, and overall a really good kid, but boy oh boy that girl knows how to test me!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Joshua is the same way. He doesn't seem like he's doing it intentionally, though...he's just spacey LOL. And nothing I do or say makes it any better.

ashkaitnjakesmom said...

I hear ya sista!! Same thing at my house!! Dang 1st graders!

Barbara said...

There must be something in their brains that makes them test us!