Yesterday afternoon my phone rang and it was a message from Mykenzie's school saying that all the kids were safe. I am thinking why wouldn't they be?? Apparently the school was on lock down yesterday because the police were in pursuit of a dangerous "suspect" The kids that were in portables were brought inside the school and the school was locked down, no one in or out. Mykenzie and the rest of the 1st grade students were on a field trip so they were not there for it. The were rerouted to another elementary school until the threat was over when they were finished with their field trip. I later heard on the news that a man used scissors as a weapon to rape someone and when the police went to question him he ran and a rather large man hunt ensued. I had no idea it was going on and it really wasn't even that far from my house. I guess the news doesn't come on the Disney channel! lol
During the entire thing the school kept the parents informed and up to date with what was going on. They didn't know details but they were helpful. Mykenzie's teacher called me twice to let me know what was happening and the school also called and encouraged us to call them if we had any questions. Since I knew Mykenzie was safe the only question that I really needed to know was whether or not I would have to pick her up at the other school. They ended up catching the guy in question, and the 1st graders were bused back to the school and it was pick up as usual. I feel good know that our community and the school especially will spring to immediate action to keep our children safe as well as keeping the parents informed. I know it is their jobs and all, but if they wouldn't have moved as quickly as they had you never know what could have happened. You really never know how fast people will react until they are in a situation. It is just good to know that they take all precautions necessary. I probably would have been a bit more worried if Mykenzie would have actually been at the school though.
1 comment:
That is really scary!!! I'm glad everyone was safe!!!!
Post a Comment