Sunday, April 05, 2009

A day with my girls

We have had a really busy really fun day today! In fact I am too hyper to sleep and technically it is now tomorrow. We started out the day by going to McDonalds for lunch and playtime with Chandra and her kiddos and then ran across town for more playtime at the DC. Mykenzie has been begging to play with Ryan so she was so excited to hang out for a few hours. Then it was home to get cleaned up a bit and head back out the door to meet up with our girl scout troop and head into Nashville for our first Predators hockey game!

Kaylee was so excited and was cheering a lot for the blue team (Preds). She definitely wanted the blue team to win and not the red team (Columbus Blue Jackets). Much to her dismay the blue team was not winning for alot of the beginning of the game :( She was cheering one minute and I swear sleeping just 60seconds later. Crazy. Let me tell you it was LOUD! It was scout night and they sat us all in the same section... yeah it was loud. Poor kid was so tired, I didn't think she would fall asleep during the game though. The rest of us were wide awake as we watched the blue team grab the lead only to have it get tied up in the last few minutes of the game... what does this mean you ask? OH YES! OVERTIME! I swear I NEVER watch a game that does not end up in overtime, no matter what the sport... overtime, every time, never fails! LOL Overtime turned into a shoot out. (Didn't know what that was before tonight) For those who don't know still, each team takes turns. One player on the ice, he tries to hit in into the goal. 1 guy against the goalie. Then they swap. Each team gets 3 tries, the team that scores the most goals out of those 3 wins the game. Got it? lol

So the blue team gets to chose who goes first (home team advantage? I don't know) They let the red team go first.... nope they miss, blue team.... Miss, red team.. miss again, blue team... MISS, Red team, last chance.... MISS, Blue team, last chance SCORE!!!!! Preds WIN!!!! Yay!! Seriously, what a great game! We picked a good one to go to for our first one! Mykenzie loved it and wants to go back. Kaylee I am sure would like to go back as well, we just need to make sure she naps first. :) We will definitely go back as a family at some point and hopefully not have to sit in the nosebleeds next time! lol Bad choice of words I guess, I hope the dude that got smashed in the nose by the red teams high sticking is A OK now.

1 comment:

Christy Sanford said...

ah sounds like it was fun filled day... the pictures are great!!!